website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF Under 20 World Championship 2021

hckošice

36 minutes ago, rybak said:

I'm surprised that actually an international sport event will be held in Canada during Covid-19. If I'm not wrong since March they cancelled all international sports events here.

well, hockey junior worlds are quite a special event for Canada...actually, they basically consider this tournament like a national celebration rather than just a international hockey tournament...

however, all the teams are in the bubble and the games will be held with no spectators...

moreover, Edmonton already proved they can manage this thing as they hosted most of the Stanley Cup playoffs in their arena and recorded 0 positive cases in 2 and a half months...

1 hour ago, rybak said:

I'm surprised that actually an international sport event will be held in Canada during Covid-19. If I'm not wrong since March they cancelled all international sports events here.

This tournament has the strictest hygiene measures and protocol ever used.

all 10 teams must be in super special quarantine bubble in their respective country for a whole month, where no one is allowed to enter or leave, everyone must have its own room, they meet together basically only for trainings and team briefings, they are frequently tested and retested etc...,

then after a month all teams undergo another testing before departure and also after arrival to Edmonton, then the teams will be placed in a single special bubble where the whole tournament will take place without spectators.

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

This tournament has the strictest hygiene measures and protocol ever used.

all 10 teams must be in super special quarantine bubble in their respective country for a whole month, where no one is allowed to enter or leave, everyone must have its own room, they meet together basically only for trainings and team briefings, they are frequently tested and retested etc...,

then after a month all teams undergo another testing before departure and also after arrival to Edmonton, then the teams will be placed in a single special bubble where the whole tournament will take place without spectators.

That's something. I hope that it will works and until end of the competition everyone will be healthy.

Off Top: And yet tennis players complains that they will be closed in bubble two weeks before Australian Open probably without possibility of training by this period of time. Of course everyone will be tested every 48-72 hours during whole competition.

First cut made in SVK team, 10 guys left the bubble, 35 guys still in the camp.

Among the eliminated is obviously also our biggest star Maxim Čajkovič who was excluded from the team already earlier this week for apparently some sort of how to say it correctly.. "Bullying" ??

official version "grossly violated sports and human values"

Next weekend (12th December) 5 more guys will be send home and the 30 remaining players will fly to Canada the next day the 13th December, where 5 other guys will be eliminated from the roster before the start of the tournament and send back home.

For now 5 goalies, 12 defencers and 18 forwards still can dream about the world champs.

G: Samuel Hlavaj, Šimon Latkóczy, Ádam Beke, Eugen Rabčan, Patrik Kozel

D: Oliver Turan, Andrej Golian, Dávid Mudrák, Sebastián Droppa, Šimon Nemec, Martin Šeliga, Šimon Bečár, Marko Stacha, Šimon Groch, Matúš Hlaváč, Samuel Kňažko, Rayen Petrovický

F: Dominik Sojka, Roman Faith, Dominik Jendek, Juraj Eliaš, Lukáš Škvarek, Filip Mešár, Martin Chromiak, Maroš Jedlička, Jakub Kolenič, Róbert Bačo, Michael Drábek, Ján Lašák, Juraj Slafkovský, Simon Jellúš, Michal Mrázik, Oleksii Myklukha, Matej Kašlík, Artur Turanský

Big Troubles in :SWE team...

Last testing showed two more infected players William Wallinder and Albin Grewe (added to the already positive William Eklund and Karl Henriksson from past week) and three other members of the coaching staff, including the head coach Tomas Montén !!!

The Swedish team is struggling with big coronavirus problem only three days before leaving for the world championship to Edmonton, Canada. So far, it is not even certain whether the defenders of the bronze medals will travel overseas to the championship at all !!!

The Swedes temporarily disbanded the coaching team. Altogether with the head coach Montén, also his assistant Anders Lundberg and the video coach Adam Almqvist are all also positive. "Our situation is not looking good at the moment. We are in talks with the representatives of the International Hockey Federation and we regularly inform them about our condition. It is evolving from day to day, even from hour to hour. We are doing what we can, but the certainty that we will fly to Canada... we don't have it now yet, "said Johan Stark, Secretary General of the Swedish Hockey Association (SIF), for Aftonbladet https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/a/6zP57L/ytterligare-covid-fall-i-juniorkronorna.

Coach Montén even laughed at first after he was informed about his positive test. After a while, however, when he realized it is a sad fact...

Now he will for sure go to stay in a 7-day quarantine in Sundsvall. "Are you kidding me? is it for real ?, or has someone exchanged my PCR test? I feel fine and now I have to stay in quarantine? A few days before departure to the overseas?", Montén said. "This is a completely new situation. We will also consider my distance coaching. But this is not just about me," he added.

The general secretary of SIF did not rule out the option that the world championship will take place without one of the favorites - the swedish team. "There are several alternatives in the game. We have to remain responsible towards the players, coaches, but also our opponents and the IIHF. Of course, we are considering replacing more players and coaches. The management of Swedish hockey has already announced that it has called the captain of the under 18 national team, Anders Eriksen, to the team."

Another series of testing and another huge problems and players who are not eligiblle to play the tournament anymore.

Remember !

According to the protocol, Under the IIHF regulations, any player, coach or support staff member who has tested positive for the virus after November 29 will not be allowed to enter the "bubble" in Edmonton.

All teams must train in isolation in their respective countries, they must be tested three times in seven days. Upon arrival in Edmonton, all teams will have a five-day quarantine with daily testing. before entering the bubble in Edmonton, the tournament start on Christmas Day the 25th December.

Latest tests showed positive cases

thus the tournament is already over for

:GER  Lukas Reichel, Moritz Seider and Nino Kinder

:SUI  Yves Stoffel, Jannik Canova

:CAN  Matthew Robertson, Mason Millman, Daemon Hunt, Ridly Greig and Xavier Simoneau

Another 5 out after today´s cut.

End of the dream for Beke, Škvarek, Lašák, Droppa and Šeliga.

here are the 30 Players flying tomorrow to Edmonton

G: Samuel Hlavaj, Šimon Latkóczy, Eugen Rabčan, Patrik Kozel

D: Oliver Turan, Andrej Golian, Dávid Mudrák, Šimon Nemec, Šimon Bečár, Marko Stacha, Šimon Groch, Matúš Hlaváč, Samuel Kňažko, Rayen Petrovický

F: Dominik Sojka, Roman Faith, Dominik Jendek, Juraj Eliaš, Filip Mešár, Martin Chromiak, Maroš Jedlička, Jakub Kolenič, Róbert Bačo, Michael Drábek, Juraj Slafkovský, Simon Jellúš, Michal Mrázik, Oleksij Myklucha, Matej Kašlík, Artur Turanský

Only 25 will make the team for the worlds meaning 5 other guys will have to be scratch-out and return home to Slovakia before the start of the tournament