website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing FIS World Cup 2020 - 2021

hckošice

55 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I am sorry to announce you this but just now in the czech TV, they said the Nove Mesto stage has been cancelled right now due to coronovirus pandemic. Everything was ready and prepared but the national hygienical office send now a message to the organizers about cancellation of the event.

So basically the Cross-Country World Cup 2020/21 is by today finished.

No worries, because of the problems about joining the team suddenly appearing today, we had already scratched the hope of her competing there. We've spent the past few hours making alternative plans, for now the plan is to go to a place near Oberstdorf tomorrow (there's a Brazilian couple living near who are willing to help with driving around and such), and stay on her own there for a week or so. Let's see if this plan sticks.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...

The most awaited start list of my life is out, the one for tomorrow's 10k classic mass start in Engadin. Jaque and @brunamoura are on it, as we knew already, but....Australia is not. Croatia is not. Lithuania is not. Andorra is not. Armenia is not. Turkey is not.

This means that, if the rankings made by me, Brazil's manager and Jaque's husband/coach (all independent from each other) are correct, finishing tomorrow's race or getting lapped (since that doesn't count as a DNF) would put Brazil ahead of both Croatia and Turkey and well into the top-30.

They'd pass Thailand as well, but Chanloung still has a possible chance to stay ahead of Brazil depending on how the races go (pursuit and such). Then again, with only one DNS or DNF tomorrow, not coming from a Brazilian, they'd also pass Andorra. And if both score points tomorrow and either one of them starts and finishes on Sunday, they'll also overtake Lithuania (and even Greece if both Jaque and Bruna finish both races).

Top-30 is looking incredibly good, now it's a matter of seeing if the rules won't change or something and then Brazil should have two tickets...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The most awaited start list of my life is out, the one for tomorrow's 10k classic mass start in Engadin. Jaque and @brunamoura are on it, as we knew already, but....Australia is not. Croatia is not. Lithuania is not. Andorra is not. Armenia is not. Turkey is not.

This means that, if the rankings made by me, Brazil's manager and Jaque's husband/coach (all independent from each other) are correct, finishing tomorrow's race or getting lapped (since that doesn't count as a DNF) would put Brazil ahead of both Croatia and Turkey and well into the top-30.

They'd pass Thailand as well, but Chanloung still has a possible chance to stay ahead of Brazil depending on how the races go (pursuit and such). Then again, with only one DNS or DNF tomorrow, not coming from a Brazilian, they'd also pass Andorra. And if both score points tomorrow and either one of them starts and finishes on Sunday, they'll also overtake Lithuania (and even Greece if both Jaque and Bruna finish both races).

Top-30 is looking incredibly good, now it's a matter of seeing if the rules won't change or something and then Brazil should have two tickets...

I’m guessing that, assuming you are correct, this will rank extremely high on your list of best moments as a fan of Brazilian nordic skiing :D

2 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I’m guessing that, assuming you are correct, this will rank extremely high on your list of best moments as a fan of Brazilian nordic skiing :D

Still not higher than the first time I visited one of Bruna's races (IBU Cup Obertilliach) and she shot clean in the sprint (I believe only the second time any Brazilian had ever done so) :d 

But yeah, rather high on the list! First waiting for tomorrow though, the points aren't in the bag yet. And it is indeed all assuming we're correct :p 

@heywoodu assuming all that is right, which country will be bumped out of the top 30 by Brazil?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@heywoodu assuming all that is right, which country will be bumped out of the top 30 by Brazil?

Croatia, who will need bad things to happen to both Brazil and Thailand. Which I'm not particularly hoping for, sorry @dcro :p 

Johaug has withdrawn from the races due to an inflammation on her wrist.