website statistics

Luge FIL World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Top 5 for Slovakia. Fantastic.

Yep that 5th place, equalled the Team Relay best result from Sigulda WC stage in 2010/11 and Altenberg WC stage in 2013/14

and from the World Championships in 2004 in Nagano and 2009 in Lake Placide,

but the NR is still the 4th place from the 2003 World Championships in Sigulda

16 minutes ago, dcro said:

Dutch investment has paid off! Obratov qualified for WC by virtue of actually defeating someone!

throw it up GIF

And all it took was several of the biggest countries to stay away!  Mind you, :GBR we got our man into the men’s race last week on the same principle.

:BIH will make their World Cup debut on the men’s side

:MDA will apparently make their World Cup debut on the women’s side

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

FIL has announced that the 9th World Cup race will be held in St. Moritz :clap:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, dcro said:

Dutch investment has paid off! Obratov qualified for WC by virtue of actually defeating someone!

I'm fairly sure she's done that earlier!

Spoiler

I mean, I know for a fact I've seen her in the World Cup, she might have beaten her sister in the Nations Cup? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

FIL has announced that the 9th World Cup race will be held in St. Moritz :clap:

Wow, that is big and awesome!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!