website statistics

Luge FIL World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Probably a combination of doing what they love and fighting to keep an income :p 

The whole Luge team (paradoxically, except of the best of them Jozef Ninis) are all employees of the armed forces of the Slovak Republic. and members of the military sport center Dukla Banská Bystrica they receive a monthly salary as every other normal employed person (+ obviously they can get financial bonuses etc... based on the results or successes)

If interested here you can find all athletes. just click on the sport icon https://www.dukla.sk/sporty/

Yes, Petra Vlhová is also a soldier of SVK army :d

Austrian win in the doubles' event...:cheer:

not happy at 100%, but at least it's not a German sweep this week...:pope:

Rieder / Kainzwaldner had a great 1st run, but threw their potential podium place out of the window with a shameful start in the 2nd...

so, it's "only" 5th, 6th and 7th for our sleds...:nopompom:

tomorrow I'm curious to see if the coming back German moms would eventually get back to where they left (especially Geisenberger, of course)...

8 hours ago, phelps said:

by the way, is it me that I never noticed it or has the FIL live streaming service finally activated the true chromecast support to their video? :mumble:

in the past years I can only remember the chance to make the full screen mirroring and not the true video casting...

As it happens, I only found out a couple of weeks ago that if you install Chrome you can do full desktop casting from any app, not necessarily within the browser.

10 hours ago, hckosice said:

The whole Luge team (paradoxically, except of the best of them Jozef Ninis) are all employees of the armed forces of the Slovak Republic. and members of the military sport center Dukla Banská Bystrica they receive a monthly salary as every other normal employed person (+ obviously they can get financial bonuses etc... based on the results or successes)

If interested here you can find all athletes. just click on the sport icon https://www.dukla.sk/sporty/

Yes, Petra Vlhová is also a soldier of SVK army :d

And probably once their sports career is over, they can get a non-sports job there? Maybe Ninis is the exception because he's good enough to go without military help :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

56 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And probably once their sports career is over, they can get a non-sports job there? Maybe Ninis is the exception because he's good enough to go without military help :p 

He is a cop :p

https://www.scpolicie.sk/sportovci/jozef-ninis-7914

23 hours ago, dcro said:

I'll never understand these Ukrainian/Romanian/Slovak lugers.

Sure, competing at the Olympics is probably nice and all, but collecting 28th and 29th places season, after season, after season, seems dull. :p

Stramaturaru 7th place at the Olympics is by far the best results for Romania at the Winter Olympics since 1994 when Ioan Apostol and Liviu Cepoi ranked 6th in the same sport, luge. 

1 hour ago, IoNuTzZ said:

Stramaturaru 7th place at the Olympics is by far the best results for Romania at the Winter Olympics since 1994 when Ioan Apostol and Liviu Cepoi ranked 6th in the same sport, luge. 

in 1992 they were 4th :evil:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luge_at_the_1992_Winter_Olympics_–_Doubles