website statistics

Luge FIL World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

Something that would be so much easier with a normal job. :p

That really depends on the situation :p 

It might not be that easy to significantly increase your income when you're 25+ and didn't really learn a lot of non-sports stuff due to always focusing on your career, and the jobs you could do might only make for a small income increase but a big decrease in enjoying what you're doing.

Surely if they didn't enjoy what they did and saw the option to do something better, they'd do so :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, dcro said:

I'll never understand these Ukrainian/Romanian/Slovak lugers.

Sure, competing at the Olympics is probably nice and all, but collecting 28th and 29th places season, after season, after season, seems dull. :p

most likely, they're enrolled in some military corpse...

so, better earning that kind of salary by travelling the world with their luge rather than doing the actual tasks of their supposed job...:whistle:

by the way, is it me that I never noticed it or has the FIL live streaming service finally activated the true chromecast support to their video? :mumble:

in the past years I can only remember the chance to make the full screen mirroring and not the true video casting...

not a good start of the season...Germany begin with a win in their weakest discipline, the men's singles...:cry: :facepalm: :wall:

and the worst news of them all it's that Felix Loch is back on top again! :nopompom:

by the way, from an Italian point of view, very good 3rd place for D-Fisch despite his appendicitis troubles and usual average performance by K-Fisch...

meanwhile the youngsters have been quite disappointing (despite the good 1st run by Lukas Gufler, who ruined his race with an awful 2nd run)...

3 hours ago, dcro said:

I'll never understand these Ukrainian/Romanian/Slovak lugers.

Sure, competing at the Olympics is probably nice and all, but collecting 28th and 29th places season, after season, after season, seems dull. :p

Ninis Top 10 in M and Relay in 6th at the WCh in Sochi last season are believe it or not one of the best winter sports results of the country last season. So the Luge federation called the last season successful

the distribution of our sports budget mostly depends on the results from the World Championships, the European Championships or the Olympic Games, the smaller federations knows it very well, and it is what they are aiming for the most