website statistics

Judo Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

40 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Iran withdrew the spot on men's 66kg. not sure if they notify IJF in time to replace him with someone else.

officially the guy Alireza Khojasted had "family issues" and didn't go to Rio but the truth is they made him withdraw because there is Israel is his weight. :wall: the same thing happened to Javad Mahjoub 4 years ago. and yes I know this is extremely stupid

I don´t really understand. The Irani let say had to withdrew when they meet Israeli or when Israeli just is competing in the same event ? becuse if it´s in the 2nd case there a risk also in weightlifting +105, isn´t ?

23 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I don´t really understand. The Irani let say had to withdrew when they meet Israeli or when Israeli just is competing in the same event ? becuse if it´s in the 2nd case there a risk also in weightlifting +105, isn´t ?

Same thing will happen in Taekwando and Wrestling?  I dont mind it.  I rather beat them fair and square but if you wanna insisit on being stupid then please.... by all means.....

7 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Same thing will happen in Taekwando and Wrestling?  I dont mind it.  I rather beat them fair and square but if you wanna insisit on being stupid then please.... by all means.....

Let's by all means not forget that the athletes (and fans) are not those being stupid, but are being robbed and are victims of the situation..

I feel sad for this judoka, he gets robbed of a magnificent experience and there's nothing he can do about it. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

29 minutes ago, hckosice said:

the thing is , if they get the Israel athlete in 1st round he has to withdraw, and then IOC will investigate the situation and by not sending him, they already solved the problem.

weightlifting is not a problem , not a head-to-head sport. the only problem is men's 58kg Taekwondo and the Iranian there is the top favorite for the gold.

7 hours ago, MHSN said:

the thing is , if they get the Israel athlete in 1st round he has to withdraw, and then IOC will investigate the situation and by not sending him, they already solved the problem.

weightlifting is not a problem , not a head-to-head sport. the only problem is men's 58kg Taekwondo and the Iranian there is the top favorite for the gold.

I think I got it now, so in fact only in a sport where are some decent or possible chances to have a meet.

Ok, thanks for the explanation :yes

9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Let's by all means not forget that the athletes (and fans) are not those being stupid, but are being robbed and are victims of the situation..

I feel sad for this judoka, he gets robbed of a magnificent experience and there's nothing he can do about it. 

Believe me that i'm all for separation of Sport and Politics and Fans and Athletes definetly shouldn't be the ones suffering, especially in the biggest event in the world! But that's not the reality we live in

4 hours ago, Tigercub said:

Received news today that PHI Kodo Nakano will replace Iran in the Men's 81kg category

Another Iranian withdrawal? @MHSN Do you have any idea what the problem could be there? I don't see an Israeli in that weight.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

One of the women in -52kg has withdrawn (don't know who), resulting in Belgian Ilse Heylen receiving an invitation last night....too late for her to travel to Rio (she hasn't been training, wouldn't make her weight etc), which means she is now living a sort of Olympic nightmare :(

http://m.sporza.be/#!/snippet/57a2f949486a0f76c64ebf5d

Em 8/1/2016 at 22:43, MHSN disse:

I don't get it, why dropping? If there are political issues between the two countries, wouldn't be better to let them face each other? It's an opportunity for the nations to clash between each other without violence... This way it just seams iranians are running away from Israelits