website statistics

Skeleton IBSF World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It sounds vaguely familiar. I don’t think it was a theme song, but something in my brain is telling it was perhaps the medal ceremony song used at Lausanne2020. I definitely think it was used at Lausanne 2020 and Buenos Aires 2018, but I’m not sure about how.

I don't watch medal ceremonies at Olympics though, let alone at Youth Olympics, so I certainly didn't hear it there. I am 100% certain I've heard it before, since I could basically whistle along with the tune and I simply know it. Maybe I've simply heard it on the IBSF broadcasts before the races start before, although generally I turn off the sound until the event actually starts (and often I don't even watch live but later and then I skip the whole music thing anyway).

It's odd :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Isn't the Czech girl German actually? 

Not exactly. Her mother is Czech, father German. She was born in Prague but her family moved to Germany when she was kid. First she competed for Germany but not anymore.

What a weird season opener :d 

Kimberley Bos with her second ever podium, the first in nearly four years (gosh, time is flying...I remember when she started competing in Europe Cups...) and Endija Terauda making her World Cup debut with a podium :bowdown: 

Sure, home track and all, but entering the big leagues with a podium is quite a performance no matter how you look at it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!