website statistics

Skeleton IBSF World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

Start lists out for the first races this year. Americans, Canadians, and Koreans don’t appear to have made the trip to Latvia. It looks like the Chinese are absent too. We do get to see a Brazilian in the women’s skeleton though @heywoodu

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

45 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Start lists out for the first races this year. Americans, Canadians, and Koreans don’t appear to have made the trip to Latvia. It looks like the Chinese are absent too. We do get to see a Brazilian in the women’s skeleton though @heywoodu

I wonder how complete those start lists are. Russians aren't shown in the bobsled ones, but they were on the start lists for trainings earlier this week (although they DNF'd, but their skeleton athletes are there and sliding).

Rocha had a World Cup outing in bobsled already, where they finished ahead of two very much podium candidate sleds :d (sure, those two crashed, but who cares)

https://www.ibsf.org/en/component/events/event/169458

In skeleton she seems to have been doing trainings only for a few seasons now, I wonder why she didn't start a single race.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

38 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I wonder how complete those start lists are. Russians aren't shown in the bobsled ones, but they were on the start lists for trainings earlier this week (although they DNF'd, but their skeleton athletes are there and sliding).

How can Russians be on the bobsled start lists when there are no such start lists yet? :p

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

How can Russians be on the bobsled start lists when there are no such start lists yet? :p

https://www.ibsf.org/images/api/download/competitions/c8676bf7-e954-4331-8278-7364831b9622_start_list_bobsleigh_10.00.pdf

https://www.ibsf.org/images/api/download/competitions/57d1d39c-187b-4ac7-90f6-c9c0199bbd1c_start_list.pdf

Sure, they are for tomorrow's training, but the skeleton training start lists of today ended up having the same 18 names per gender as the race start lists :p 

To add to my previous post (or correct it): I thought he meant the skeleton start lists I saw this morning, which were for today's training. But apparently they're there for Friday's races now, so they are of course complete, one can assume.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Your answer, kind sir: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1100926/ibsf-world-cup-sigulda-coronavirus

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Does anybody else recognize the intro music from something else? I'm not sure whether I recognize it from earlier IBSF live streams or from another sports-related event, possibly a multi-sports event :p 

In case there is no music anymore and they're already live, of course just rewind to the beginning to listen.

51 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Does anybody else recognize the intro music from something else? I'm not sure whether I recognize it from earlier IBSF live streams or from another sports-related event, possibly a multi-sports event :p 

In case there is no music anymore and they're already live, of course just rewind to the beginning to listen.

It sounds vaguely familiar. I don’t think it was a theme song, but something in my brain is telling it was perhaps the medal ceremony song used at Lausanne2020. I definitely think it was used at Lausanne 2020 and Buenos Aires 2018, but I’m not sure about how.

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It sounds vaguely familiar. I don’t think it was a theme song, but something in my brain is telling it was perhaps the medal ceremony song used at Lausanne2020. I definitely think it was used at Lausanne 2020 and Buenos Aires 2018, but I’m not sure about how.

Nah, it wasn’t used at during the medal ceremonies at Lausanne 2020. I do think it was used during the Games though.