website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

16 hours ago, Monzanator said:

What's with Skottheim? I suppose this is more than just a calf strain suffered right at the very end of the Hochfilzen mass start?

She only drops massively ski form from Kontiolahti like all Swedish girls are doing. I think she will not be racing the relay tomorrow with that form.

17 hours ago, Werloc said:

Perhaps being a bit slower is her key to shooting better and she's trying to mix things up? 

It's her best effort this season, if I remember correctly.

Her shooting is getting much better than Kontiolahti. Her Ski speed is not the Problem in General, she was very quick on the first and second leg, but tied up much in the last loop. It was the same problem in the mixed relay.

@Bohemia Yes, very sad for Chevalier ... but her standing shooting in Oberhof is much much better than in Hochfilzen. She told on Instagram, that she fixed something at her rifle, which helps her much.

Maybe the French ladies could catch up the Norwegians tomorrow, if Tandrevold is not racing. I think Bescond - Simon - Braisaz - Chevalier A. would be a great order, and if Bescond lost not so much Time how she does in Hochfilzen and Kontiolahti, they could have a great chance.

Knotten is not really in great shape in the Norwegian team at the moment ...

Eckhoff is on amazing form right now.  It was also good to see Wierer finally (since the Individual in Finland) really compete for the win.  I think that she is too far back, to really make a run at defending her title.  It was good to see Hauser on the podium again.  

I am not sure what is going on with Susan Dunklee.  She has not had a clean shoot all season (relays not counted) and missed 3,1,2,3,6,2,4,5,3.  Claire Egan skied slower than in Austria, but still got points.  

Is it just me or is Franziska Preuss have a very quiet solid season.  No race below 23, 9 races in the top 10 and 2 podium finishes.

52 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

Maybe the French ladies could catch up the Norwegians tomorrow, if Tandrevold is not racing. I think Bescond - Simon - Braisaz - Chevalier A. would be a great order, and if Bescond lost not so much Time how she does in Hochfilzen and Kontiolahti, they could have a great chance.

Knotten is not really in great shape in the Norwegian team at the moment ...

It's hard to say, but I always struggle to bet for France in the relays, because someone usually has a meltdown. Simon and Braisaz are also pretty unpredictable shooters, even if fast, they can have good days, but they also have really really bad days.

Since Hettich and Hammerschmidt are shooting very well, Preuss is pretty good and Herrmann is regaining some of her form, perhaps I'd lean towards them? Sweden is not having too good of a time in Oberhof, so it's tough to say if they can challenge for the 1st spot. Belarus and Austria could do something on a good day. 

7 minutes ago, Werloc said:

It's hard to say, but I always struggle to bet for France in the relays, because someone usually has a meltdown. Simon and Braisaz are also pretty unpredictable shooters, even if fast, they can have good days, but they also have really really bad days.

Since Hettich and Hammerschmidt are shooting very well, Preuss is pretty good and Herrmann is regaining some of her form, perhaps I'd lean towards them? Sweden is not having too good of a time in Oberhof, so it's tough to say if they can challenge for the 1st spot. Belarus and Austria could do something on a good day. 

Hammerschmidt had one of the slowest skiing times in the Sprint. I‘m not sure if she is even in the relay. Maybe the put Hinz on the first leg.

I think it could be close between Sweden and Germany for the third. Preuß and Herrmann could ran brilliant Relays, but also they had some disasters Relays in the past.

4 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

Hammerschmidt had one of the slowest skiing times in the Sprint. I‘m not sure if she is even in the relay. Maybe the put Hinz on the first leg.

I think it could be close between Sweden and Germany for the third. Preuß and Herrmann could ran brilliant Relays, but also they had some disasters Relays in the past.

I don't know, I feel like I'd still run with Maren over Hinz.

She just feels a bit more stable and reliable at this point in time.

19 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I don't know, I feel like I'd still run with Maren over Hinz.

She just feels a bit more stable and reliable at this point in time.

No, Hinz - Hettich - Herrmann - Preuß will make the German Team tomorrow. So also a New Order.

4 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

No, Hinz - Hettich - Herrmann - Preuß will make the German Team tomorrow. So also a New Order.

I don't know where all this trust in Hinz is coming from when three of Maren's performances this season were better than anything she did the entire season.

22 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Looks like Tandrevold collapsed on the course (fall?).

From redit - so trust the source, but according to the thread, Tandervold "got heart fibrillation on the way out of the mat after the last shot. Felt acutely unwell and that I lost all energy in my body. I immediately recognized the symptoms as I have experienced this once before, in fact here in Oberhof in 2017. "