website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

19 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I'm sad for Tomas, he's been chasing for a redemption season year after year, but things are just not going his way.

Have my reasons to dislike Bendika though :p 

I know Bendika as being nice from other things than media though (if @brunamoura, who personally knows her, says she is nice and friendly, I definitely believe so), so I'm for sure cheering for her.

Although I'll be cheering most for Anna Weidel this World Cup season :cheer: 

And some of the Swedish women as well. And Lena Häcki :cheer: 

And the young Slettemark girl, but I doubt we'll see her in the World Cup yet. Same thing for Lotte Lie and Rieke de Maeyer :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I know Bendika as being nice from other things than media though (if @brunamoura, who personally knows her, says she is nice and friendly, I definitely believe so), so I'm for sure cheering for her.

Although I'll be cheering most for Anna Weidel this World Cup season :cheer: 

And some of the Swedish women as well. And Lena Häcki :cheer: 

And the young Slettemark girl, but I doubt we'll see her in the World Cup yet.

Well, probably told this story here before, but she might seem nice to you and I don't mind it, but

One of the reasons why Diana Rasimovičiūtė kept coming back to biathlon year after year is because her then husband Ilmars Bricis was known as a ladies' man and since he was still actively coaching the Lithuanian team, he would have been on the other side of Europe, whilst Diana would've been stuck back home.

She didn't trust Ilmars by himself and probably for a good reason, because Ilmars started fucking around with Bendika whilst still married to Diana.

So yeah, it's not like I wish sickness on anyone, but if someone were to skip the first few stages of the World Cup, Baiba would be on the top of my list, since Rasimovičiūtė is a major reason why I became a biathlon fan. 

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Well, probably told this story here before, but she might seem nice to you and I don't mind it, but

One of the reasons why Diana Rasimovičiūtė kept coming back to biathlon year after year is because her then husband Ilmars Bricis was known as a ladies' man and since he was still actively coaching the Lithuanian team, he would have been on the other side of Europe, whilst Diana would've been stuck back home.

She didn't trust Ilmars by himself and probably for a good reason, because Ilmars started fucking around with Bendika whilst still married to Diana.

So yeah, it's not like I wish sickness on anyone, but if someone were to skip the first few stages of the World Cup, Baiba would be on the top of my list, since Rasimovičiūtė is a major reason why I became a biathlon fan. 

I think you didn't tell this story here before, but I know you told it to me once, years ago :p 

It is a reason why I don't like Bricis though, since I think the fault in a situation like this (person A dating person B whilst being married with person C) is with the married/'unavailabe' person (him, in this case). If not entirely, at least 95% of it.

So, yeah, we do at least have something in common in terms of one person we don't like :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I think you didn't tell this story here before, but I know you told it to me once, years ago :p 

It is a reason why I don't like Bricis though, since I think the fault in a situation like this (person A dating person B whilst being married with person C) is with the married/'unavailabe' person (him, in this case).

So, yeah, we do at least have something in common in terms of one person we don't like :d 

Yes, I know that Baiba is not the biggest one at fault, though there is absolutely no denying she knew he was married. Even after this whole drama she usually eats at the Lithuanian team's table :d

But I imagine that Diana is not very fond of Baiba, so I'm being that distant supportive "friend", because I understand where she's coming from. It probably really sucks and fucks with your head when your husband that is ten years older than you starts dating a woman that's ten years younger than you, working in the same place as you and chatting it up with all of your team members :d

4 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Yes, I know that Baiba is not the biggest one at fault, though there is absolutely no denying she knew he was married. Even after this whole drama she usually eats at the Lithuanian team's table :d

But I imagine that Diana is not very fond of Baiba, so I'm being that distant supportive "friend", because I understand where she's coming from. It probably really sucks and fucks with your head when your husband that is ten years older than you starts dating a woman that's ten years younger than you :d

I already had to wrap my head around my girlfriend being two years younger than my younger sister and my younger sister's boyfriend being several years older than me, so yeah :d 

Anyhow, other than Lithuanians and the always present ghost of Kaisa, who are you cheering for? Can I interest you in an extra cheer left or right for a hit by young Ukaleq or a good performance from the truly friendly Weidel? You know, if you're in need of someone to cheer for after Kaisa has left us :p 

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I already had to wrap my head around my girlfriend being two years younger than my younger sister and my younger sister's boyfriend being several years older than me, so yeah :d 

Anyhow, other than Lithuanians and the always present ghost of Kaisa, who are you cheering for? Can I interest you in an extra cheer left or right for a hit by young Ukaleq or a good performance from the truly friendly Weidel? You know, if you're in need of someone to cheer for after Kaisa has left us :p 

Throughout the years of watching biathlon I usually had a rule of supporting the Swedish, Finnish, Italian, Austrian and German teams, that's why Ekholm, Makarainen, Henkel, Neuner, Gossner, Zidek, Sumann, Peiffer, Birnbacher, Doll, Eder, Ferry, Oberhofer (and I could go on with this list forever) are just some of the favourites of mine.

Recently, I started enjoying the personalities from some of the Norwegians, Tiril Eckhoff and the Boe brothers take control of the press conferences with their charisma, though I like Tarjei more than Johannes.

Harder to cheer for Finland, because I have only Eder now and I guess Seppala is coming up, but it was hard to support Finnish men, since they almost took 4 WC spots from the Lithuanian men :lol:

After that I even started noticing that the German women are not as charismatic and interesting as they used to be, so it's more likely that I'm rooting for German men.

Supporting Italy became a bit tougher when I started liking Wierer less and less, but at least I still have Lukas Hofer, Sanfilippo is cool too.

Oeberg sisters, Persson, Brorsson and Hogberg are cool, if Stina Nilsson joins in on that action, more of a reason to support Sweden

so ignoring the Lithuanians if I had to compile a top 10 of athletes that I currently like most, in no particular order:

Benedikt Doll, Simon Schempp, Lukas Hofer, Tarjei Boe, Hanna Oeberg, Mari Eder, Arnd Peiffer, Mona Brorsson, Katharina Innerhofer and Maren Hammerschmidt.

Hard to get attached to the IBU cup athletes, because they get close to zero coverage, so you don't really know them until they come up to the World Cup, unless you have insider info. But my insider info is limited to WC mostly :/ 

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

so ignoring the Lithuanians if I had to compile a top 10 of athletes that I currently like most, in no particular order:

Benedikt Doll, Simon Schempp, Lukas Hofer, Tarjei Boe, Hanna Oeberg, Mari Eder, Arnd Peiffer, Mona Brorsson, Katharina Innerhofer and Maren Hammerschmidt.

Not specifically my favourites (although there's nobody on there I dislike even a single bit), but that looks like an excellent list :cheer: 

Mari Eder does deserve a special spot, especially that epic win in Oslo would have almost made one think someone was cutting onions nearby.

I will interfere to discussion and I will say that (if someone don't know/forgot) about my love to the Canadian team, even after Crawford, Green, Tandy and Smith retirements. I don't know why, but I love them and cheer every time in every race even more than the Polish biathletes :d

I also cheer to Wierer, the Swiss girls and mens, Chinese girls, Peiffer, Hofer, Windisch, J. Eberhard and Lesser from those active :d 

32 minutes ago, rybak said:

I will interfere to discussion and I will say that (if someone don't know/forgot) about my love to the Canadian team, even after Crawford, Green, Tandy and Smith retirements. I don't know why, but I love them and cheer every time in every race even more than the Polish biathletes :d

I also cheer to Wierer, the Swiss girls and mens, Chinese girls, Peiffer, Hofer, Windisch, J. Eberhard and Lesser from those active :d 

We've got common ground as well, as I generally cheer for Sarah Beaudry :d And for one of the Chinese girls, but sadly she's not in the World Cup that often.

Wierer....let's just say I feel sort of the same about her as @Werloc does about Ilmars Bricis :p