website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

Hey, at least we didn't get lapped minus Hojnisz :coffee: And we finished ahead of Italy :lol:  I can imagine they put Wierer on the last leg just for a training leg. I think they figured out it's no use to put V&W on the first two legs and hope for the other two not to lose too much?

Sadly Kamila Zuk just can't get going whatsoever. To think she was on par with Marketa Davidova in the juniors is a sad story when you see how Davidova has developed into a Top 10 performer in the seniors.

13 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Hey, at least we didn't get lapped minus Hojnisz :coffee: And we finished ahead of Italy :lol:  I can imagine they put Wierer on the last leg just for a training leg. I think they figured out it's no use to put V&W on the first two legs and hope for the other two not to lose too much?

Sadly Kamila Zuk just can't get going whatsoever. To think she was on par with Marketa Davidova in the juniors is a sad story when you see how Davidova has developed into a Top 10 performer in the seniors.

Yes, they weren't lapped but still without Hojnisz this performance was terrible. Except Hojnisz none of our womens arent able to score points regulary what wasnt a problem yet two years ago. Something bad happened with Zbylut and Żuk, lets hope that Greis will find what is reason behind these results.

I wish to see in Anterselva Jakieła on the relay instead Gwizdoń and Mąka instead Pitoń.

About Davidova and Żuk. This "story" we can compare to Szczurek and Landertinger, in juniors both of them were medalists but then in seniors we all know where was Landertinger and where is Szczurek... Being good in juniors doesnt mean that you will be good in seniors at all.

3 minutes ago, rybak said:

Yes, they weren't lapped but still without Hojnisz this performance was terrible. Except Hojnisz none of our womens arent able to score points regulary what wasnt a problem yet two years ago. Something bad happened with Zbylut and Żuk, lets hope that Greis will find what is reason behind these results.

I wish to see in Anterselva Jakieła on the relay instead Gwizdoń and Mąka instead Pitoń.

About Davidova and Żuk. This "story" we can compare to Szczurek and Landertinger, in juniors both of them were medalists but then in seniors we all know where was Landertinger and where is Szczurek... Being good in juniors doesnt mean that you will be good in seniors at all.

But there was no hype for Szczurek coming into the seniors. Hell, Wojciech Kozub is still the second-best Polish male in the last 30 years. Meanwhile Zuk had some hype coming in as she did win those 2 gold medals in Otepaa compared to Davidova's one (could have been three if not for 2 more misses than MD). Elvira Oeberg won the youth golds back then and look at her now too. We don't have a problem that our best juniors are blocked by the depth of the senior team. Zuk had all the tools to become a regular Top 20 fixture and she's done nothing since the World Champs last season. It's safe to say she has regressed over the last 12 months and she's way too young not to be concerned over it.

Btw, Sikora said Zuk and Zbylut will skip Anterselva? So Gwizdon and Piton will probably stick around there.

3 hours ago, rybak said:

Yeah, we had a junior who took a medal ahead of JT Boe once - Dino Butković.

And yes, nobody has heard of him. :p

#banbestmen

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Btw, Sikora said Zuk and Zbylut will skip Anterselva? So Gwizdon and Piton will probably stick around there.

I don't know, I watched race on Polsat Sport :p Hojnisz will return to the cup in Anterselva, as she posted this on her facebook. 

Probably Żuk and Zbylut will miss Anterselva due to preparations to incoming Open European Champs, same reason was why Hojnisz missed this week competition.