website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

Good to see that the Russians have got Streltsov in their team today, the man who was destined from birth to be a biathlete - Streltsov in Russian means Shooter.

Shoot of the day from Giacomel, there! :cheer::champion:

Meltdown for the ages from Philip Horn :GER!

Pretty decent performance from team Lithuania, but not without blunders.

Karol Dombrovski lost everything in the standing shooting

Vytautas Strolia lost everything in the prone

Tomas Kaukėnas undid his early good work with the penalty

Maksim Fomin, I'm glad that he's here, he ran a very respectable relay, knowing his situation.

17th place is good enough, especially for the Olympic qualification.

13th Place is the best relay result since the sci-fi 9th place from Canmore in February 2019, never been in top 15 since then :lol: So really pleasantly surprised from todays effort. + one quite icredible fact, 0 penalty loops today ! an absolute anomaly..

However good job for the Nations Ranking and especially for the Olympic Qualifiers...assuming they really will count the best 3 relays, we have already a 16th and a 13th places in our count, so would be good to repeat this effort at least once in the future relays or two times to scratch that 16th place lol

Swiss did about what I thought the would do.  Weger was strong, Finello and Wiestner were solid.  Burkhalter just did not have the speed to keep up.

The US was a mixed bag.  They did better than their ranking of 16th.  I do like splitting Nordgren and Doherty.  Brown and Schommer were serviceable.  This was the first relay since Burke and Bailey retired that I felt there was a chance to get in the top 10.  I think one of the amazing things was how Belgium was the only team lapped.

US Women back with Dunklee then Egan.  They tried splitting the two earlier this season with questionable results.