website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

39 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Agh, so unfortunate ://// Vytautas Strolia missed the mass start by some 1 or 2 athletes :( 

Are you telling us that Sima not only achieved a massive PB, but also instantly qualified for the mass start? :yikes: Or do the results from the last Oberhof weekend also count?

Anyway, freak results for Rastorgujevs, Sima. First points of the season for Kazakhstan, I guess. And points for Russia Moldova, too.

#banbestmen

11 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

US put three into the pursuit!  Not too bad at all.  By the way, I love the drone that they are using for the downhill.

Would be very impressive - if there was a pursuit.  :banana:

Two relays & two mass starts to come.

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

Are you telling us that Sima not only achieved a massive PB, but also instantly qualified for the mass start? :yikes: Or do the results from the last Oberhof weekend also count?

Anyway, freak results for Rastorgujevs, Sima. First points of the season for Kazakhstan, I guess. And points for Russia Moldova, too.

COUNT THE VOTE

Honestly, if last week Oberhof would count, Vytautas would be in perhaps :lol:

I don't know if my calculations are correct, but I think the mass start qualifiers end in Femling, with Sima and Strolia being the first two overboard.

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

Pidruchniy

Rastorgujevs

Leitner

Windisch

Femling

to be exact

followed by 

Sima

Strolia

Mukhin

Seppala

Lemmerer

close, but no cigar (petition to use close, but no Cisar in biathlon threads)

16 minutes ago, dcro said:

Meanwhile, Bulgaria's absence today instantly dropped them 4 (!) places in the NC rankings.

Hopefully IBU will publish some OQ clarification soon.

Wait, isn't it 6 sprints, 3 relays, 1 individual, 1 mixed relay and 1 single mixed best performances?

22 minutes ago, dcro said:

Hopefully IBU will publish some OQ clarification soon.

This !

No one know how exactly this is supposed to work, we heard rumors the period being extended until next mid-season or after 1st next season trimester, also some worst races being scratched for each nation...but still nothing precise, 1 year from the olympics and we still dont know how will teams qualify...

20 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Wait, isn't it 6 sprints, 3 relays, 1 individual, 1 mixed relay and 1 single mixed best performances?

It still is.

OQ period stretches from November 28th, 2020 to January 16th, 2022. As much as we hate it, the full Olympic line-ups won't be known until three weeks before the games.

Top 3 nations in Olympic ranking will send 6 athletes. 4th-10th - five athletes, 11th-20th will be allowed to field a relay.

For nations outside Top 20 - 12 individual wild cards based on performances in non-relay World Cup & IBU Cup races.

I just checked on twitter with the best Polish biathlon journalist. He confirmed this is how the OQ works as of today.

A little more on the Fialková sisters. I hope they recover and are able to right the proverbial ship.

OEC will take place in Poland as planned, and the Arber schedule is slightly changed.  This is due to the tons of people registered.  The men have 190 and the women 170.  There are going to be some massive time gaps and that course is going to be really busy.