website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Wonderful race from Simon and Jacquelin, almost perfect! :clap:

Yes, even faster than Eckhoff on the skis. Little bit problems at second prone shooting, but great job :d 

Hopefully they would win this time 2 medals in mixed relays at the world championships, after only 1 medal in the last 4 events.

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

Is 0+7 the best ever relay shooting performance for :LTU ?

2019/20 Rupholding, men's relay 14th place with 0+6

Karol Dombrovski 0+0 0+1

Vytautas Strolia 0+0 0+0

Linas Banys 0+3 0+0

Tomas Kaukėnas 0+1 0+1

I think it's safe to say that even if I look more, there won't be anything better

Fialková sisters left Oberhof yesterday, and already returned back home, they will skip the next stages. with the only goal to try to save their (and lets not hide the true also the whole SVK Biathlon) season at least at the world championships.

in the next stages they will be replaced again by Horvátová and Júlia Machyniaková.

Team SVK for Oberhof II.

Spoiler

profil   smerciakova aneta   horvatova henrieta   machyniakova julia

profil   profil   profil   profil

Team SVK for IBU Cup in Arber I. & II.

Spoiler
michalickova lucia   remenova maria   remenova zuzana   kapustova ema

ottinger lukas   sklenarik tomas   golian peter    

21 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Fialková sisters left Oberhof yesterday, and already returned back home, they will skip the next stages. with the only goal to try to save their (and lets not hide the true also the whole SVK Biathlon) season at least at the world championships.

in the next stages they will be replaced again by Horvátová and Júlia Machyniaková.

Team SVK for Oberhof II.

Hide contents

profil   smerciakova aneta   horvatova henrieta   machyniakova julia

profil   profil   profil   profil

Team SVK for IBU Cup in Arber I. & II.

Hide contents
michalickova lucia   remenova maria   remenova zuzana   kapustova ema

ottinger lukas   sklenarik tomas   golian peter    

This could have really huge Olympic selection implications though. Of course, there's still half a year next season, but it's still a gamble.

14 minutes ago, Werloc said:

This could have really huge Olympic selection implications though. Of course, there's still half a year next season, but it's still a gamble.

Well, what can we do ?

It looks there a much deeper problem, Ivona literally dropped out at the finish line yesterday at the relay exchange and almost lost consciousness, medical help had to be called to take her away from the excghange zone.

fialkova-i-21-oberhof-lekar.jpg.deform.5

Paja has huge problems too, she has problems with keeping any "normal" pace, she can't accelerate, she can't catch up even with a slow pace, she literally only walks in the last laps. Stamina inexistant, mentally totally down.

Both already visited doctors today, it seems it has still something to do with their november covid :(

So now they will try to find out how to recover as soon as possible and start to prepare as best as it is in tis circumstances possible to at least gain something positive at the WCh. SVK biathlon will need it to not lost funds.

For the Olympic qualifiers, well, it is unfortunate but now with the qualification period extended, I am somehow still positive, if they both will be OK and back at their usual form (especially Paja), they will be certainly able with let say 1-2 successful stages during next season start to qualify us to the games

3 hours ago, hckosice said:

Well, what can we do ?

It looks there a much deeper problem, Ivona literally dropped out at the finish line yesterday at the relay exchange and almost lost consciousness, medical help had to be called to take her away from the excghange zone.

fialkova-i-21-oberhof-lekar.jpg.deform.5

Paja has huge problems too, she has problems with keeping any "normal" pace, she can't accelerate, she can't catch up even with a slow pace, she literally only walks in the last laps. Stamina inexistant, mentally totally down.

Both already visited doctors today, it seems it has still something to do with their november covid :(

So now they will try to find out how to recover as soon as possible and start to prepare as best as it is in tis circumstances possible to at least gain something positive at the WCh. SVK biathlon will need it to not lost funds.

For the Olympic qualifiers, well, it is unfortunate but now with the qualification period extended, I am somehow still positive, if they both will be OK and back at their usual form (especially Paja), they will be certainly able with let say 1-2 successful stages during next season start to qualify us to the games

Apparently Charlotte Kalla in CC is having the same issue.

3 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

I was pleasantly surprised by the US in the relays yesterday.  Dunklee did well, and the Single mixed was up in the top 5 until the last shooting.   Mixed shot really well.  Not a bad day.

Especially great performance by Egan in the Mixed Relay. She looked relay strong on her skis, maked up ground on Chevalier, who ist a really fast skier.

Even more snow in Oberhof! 

Dunno if we have anyone here that lives in the Netherlands - what are the odds that any Dutch people would like biathlon? :mumble:- but if you do, make sure your flood insurance (overstromsverzekering) is up to date.  There’s a whole lot of water coming your way in a few weeks.  :p