website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Sad for Peiffer, it's never good when an athlete has to withdraw shortly before a race due to personal reasons (which aren't the birth of a baby, otherwise we'd probably have known) :( 

His wife is pregnant and seems to have some sort of stomach pain (courtesy of French TV).

US women changing up the relay order.  Susan Dunklee has started for as long as I can remember.  Tomorrow, Deedra Irwin will lead off.  She did well in Finland in the 3rd position.  Dunklee is now 2nd, Reid 3rd and Egan in 4th.  I look forward to seeing this in action tomorrow.  Great day for US Women, Egan 10th, Reid 27th, Dunklee 53rd, Irwin 54th.  I can not remember when 4 US women made a pursuit.  

US men ... not so much.  It was good to see Paul Schommer do well with a 42nd place.

I'm not sure if Carrara is the answer yet for the Italians, she finished in 101st with 5 misses.  Slettemark in 96th, but beat Chloe Chevallier!

Well known biathletes who will miss the pursuit:

Vanessa Hinz

Vita Semerenko - only missed 2, but skied really slow

Elisa Gasparin (4 misses) and Aita Gasparin (4 misses).

Paulina Fialkova

Chloe Chevalier

I wonder if Sweden should rest the two Ogberg's tomorrow?  I kind of feel the same way about the two Boe brothers.  Rest them in the relay.  

5 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

US women changing up the relay order.  Susan Dunklee has started for as long as I can remember.  Tomorrow, Deedra Irwin will lead off.  She did well in Finland in the 3rd position.  Dunklee is now 2nd, Reid 3rd and Egan in 4th.  I look forward to seeing this in action tomorrow.  Great day for US Women, Egan 10th, Reid 27th, Dunklee 53rd, Irwin 54th.  I can not remember when 4 US women made a pursuit.  

US men ... not so much.  It was good to see Paul Schommer do well with a 42nd place.

I'm not sure if Carrara is the answer yet for the Italians, she finished in 101st with 5 misses.  Slettemark in 96th, but beat Chloe Chevallier!

Well known biathletes who will miss the pursuit:

Vanessa Hinz

Vita Semerenko - only missed 2, but skied really slow

Elisa Gasparin (4 misses) and Aita Gasparin (4 misses).

Paulina Fialkova

Chloe Chevalier

I wonder if Sweden should rest the two Ogberg's tomorrow?  I kind of feel the same way about the two Boe brothers.  Rest them in the relay.  

Both Oebergs are on the Team 

7 hours ago, SalamAkhi said:

His wife is pregnant and seems to have some sort of stomach pain (courtesy of French TV).

Interesting, thanks. Hopefully in the end all goes well then, it's always worrying when someone suddenly has to leave.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Knotten showing that shape was not the problem last week, it really was just a shitty day.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!