website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

Nice, Vytautas Strolia might start qualifying for mass starts if he keeps this momentum going :clap:

Karol is looking faster than any other season, in the top 60 with 3 misses, that's a first for him.

Linas Banys needs to work on the skis, but his first lap was somewhat salvagable.

Fomin probably expected a better debut in World Cup, but he has still  a lot of room to grow. I wonder if Tomas will make it to the second Kontiolahti stage.

Ouch, when Jake Brown (normally 4th or 5th) is first for the US, it is not a strong day.  Doherty and Nordgren both with 2 misses and in the mid 40s, Schommer with 4 misses, 3 in the stand and finished 75th.  This is shaping up to be a really challenging season for the US.  If Doherty and Nordgren are in the top 30 at the end of the season, I would be ecstatic, but I am realistically looking for top 40, but that may be a stretch.  If the relay's break into the top 10, that would be a good result.    

The Swiss men do slightly better than the US.  Weger misses one, but even if he made it, he would have been about 15th or so.  Finello and Tamborino missed 5, Stalder only missed two, but he is still learning.  I am optimistic for he and Hartwig, who will get faster as they get older, (early 20s and late teens), but it may take a while.  

Alex Cisar is also learning for Slovakia this season.  He only missed 2 and finished 87th, 4:17 back.  It takes a menially strong person, to make the jump from winning all the time, to moving up essentially two levels.  He is only 20 as well.

Damir Rastic from Servia finished in 80th.  He improved 17 spots from the individual.  I wonder if he will be able to keep the WC spot.