website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

what you mean ? I know we have no depth. I am not pretending anything, even if we manage to qualify a relay, I know that the girls will be lapped there for sure and finish very likely dead last.

that´s not the point.

But who know, maybe we have a girl or two somewhere who has a talent for this sport but has no chance or resources to even start to do it. if participation in major events (1.OG-2.WCH-3.ECH-4.WC) decreases, state aid to the federation will also decreases, aid to young talents then will automatically decreases, and by time the interest for this sport definitively ends.

You probably may not realize it as someone from a strong sports country. but for small countries with much smaller population and much smaller depth The Olympics relay have all this in their power.

I get it, we're not a powerhouse either, our men's team is basically Guzik getting a random Top 40 in Oberhof and others are crap. Nedza-Kubiniec needs 10/10 to even crack Top 60 which happens like once a season, several others have retired like Mateusz Janik lately.

We rely on the Olympic relay Top 8 funding in several sports as well - like Nordic combined or cross country during Justyna Kowalczyk's heyday.

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Tomasz Sikora says Rastorgujevs has joined the German team for training full-time :p

I wonder if that’s a thing now, having the small nations helped by the big ones.  :GBR Amanda Lightfoot is training with :SWE.

Hangover day for Laegreid.

8 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

I wonder if that’s a thing now, having the small nations helped by the big ones.  :GBR Amanda Lightfoot is training with :SWE.

Hangover day for Laegreid.

I don't think that's new at all. Heck even Brazil trained with Sweden for a good while.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!