website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Ermits wasting his air time with three misses. :facepalm:

Now we will not see Estonia on screen until New Years. :nopompom:

Tomingas has excellent chances to get some time though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I suppose as long as the Fialkovas are active you just have to pretend there is depth for the sake of the relay? Wheels will only come off once Fialkovas retire?

what you mean ? I know we have no depth. I am not pretending anything, even if we manage to qualify a relay, I know that the girls will be lapped there for sure and finish very likely dead last.

that´s not the point.

But who know, maybe we have a girl or two somewhere who has a talent for this sport but has no chance or resources to even start to do it. if participation in major events (1.OG-2.WCH-3.ECH-4.WC) decreases, state aid to the federation will also decreases, aid to young talents then will automatically decreases, and by time the interest for this sport definitively ends.

You probably may not realize it as someone from a strong sports country. but for small countries with much smaller population and much smaller depth The Olympics relay have all this in their power.

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

what you mean ? I know we have no depth. I am not pretending anything, even if we manage to qualify a relay, I know that the girls will be lapped there for sure and finish very likely dead last.

that´s not the point.

But who know, maybe we have a girl or two somewhere who has a talent for this sport but has no chance or resources to even start to do it. if participation in major events (1.OG-2.WCH-3.ECH-4.WC) decreases, state aid to the federation will also decreases, aid to young talents then will automatically decreases, and by time the interest for this sport definitively ends.

You probably may not realize it as someone from a strong sports country. but for small countries with much smaller population and much smaller depth The Olympics relay have all this in their power.

Yeah, you definitely have to keep competing even if you are only in the 70s & 80s, because if you don’t have any Ranking Points you are trapped in the basement forever.  That’s what has happened to :GBR.