website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

17 minutes ago, hckosice said:

This put just even more respect for Kuzmina, who wanted to learn Slovak language before acquiring citizenship and turning to a slovak sport queen. :yes

Yeah, I always find it hard when people switch nationality or are allowed to do so without being able to speak at least enough of the language to not depend on any outside help. But that's a whole different non-sports discussion :p +1 for Kuzmina indeed

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

SUI Men are putting Hartweg right into the fire.  I look forward to seeing his transition.  No surprise on the USA men. Rastic from Serbia gets the start.  SUI women get 5 starters.  Interesting seeing Maddie Phaneuf on the start list for USA.  This is her first start on the WC since the 16/17 season.  Jill Colebourn gets the start for Australia.  I forgot that Lotta Lie was racing for Belgium.

I’m honestly surprised that the Government of Finland hasn’t cancelled the first two World Cup stops. By my count, 7 nations have had positive tests in their ranks. That’s the worst in any sport this season so far, and by quite a number. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

57 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m honestly surprised that the Government of Finland hasn’t cancelled the first two World Cup stops. By my count, 7 nations have had positive tests in their ranks. That’s the worst in any sport this season so far, and by quite a number. 

In Finland, our COVID measures are regional. North Karelia Association of Municipalities of Social and Health Services makes the cancellation calls in Kontiolahti. Right now, no audience is the current decision.

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, I always find it hard when people switch nationality or are allowed to do so without being able to speak at least enough of the language to not depend on any outside help. But that's a whole different non-sports discussion :p +1 for Kuzmina indeed

Dunno if any of you remember the cross-country drugs cheat Johann Mühlegg*, but before he was caught he switched his nationality from German to Spain & competed at the very top level for a couple of years. But after he switched,  he refused even to speak German & German journalists who interviewed him had to do so in either English or Spanish.  Was always a bit :crazy:, seemingly.

* Temporary holder of 2 gold medals at Salt Lake City 2002, was done for EPO which had previously been undetectable.

51 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Dunno if any of you remember the cross-country drugs cheat Johann Mühlegg*, but before he was caught he switched his nationality from German to Spain & competed at the very top level for a couple of years. But after he switched,  he refused even to speak German & German journalists who interviewed him had to do so in either English or Spanish.  Was always a bit :crazy:, seemingly.

* Temporary holder of 2 gold medals at Salt Lake City 2002, was done for EPO which had previously been undetectable.

Mühlegg was always quite a strange character...surely, he was (is) more a latin type of man rather than German...

p.s. actually, he was caught for NESP (Darbopoetin alfa), a new (at that time) drug derivated from EPO...:evil:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darbepoetin_alfa

10 minutes ago, phelps said:

Mühlegg was always quite a strange character...surely, he was (is) more a latin type of man rather than German...

p.s. actually, he was caught for NESP (Darbopoetin alfa), a new (at that time) drug derivated from EPO...:evil:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darbepoetin_alfa

Here in Britain nowadays if a sports pundit says that a Spanish, Italian etc sportsman “has a latin tempremant” they get instantly fired & can’t even go back for the second half.  But since you are an official representative of the Senatus PopulusQue Romanus you can get away with it.  :rolleyes: