website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

I so hope not.  I have really been looking forward to biathlon season.  If the races happen, the start lists might be a bit smaller than normal.  

The startlist might be compensated by IBU cup nations that have nowhere else to start until the New Year.

50 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

We could see some unusual names in the WC race.  I wonder if quotas will be adjusted as well.  

I’m guessing that there is a mechanism whereby a nation can temporarily give up a quota place or places without suffering a penalty? 

6 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Italy has announced their team, it is an interesting one:

Men: 

Lukas Hofer

Didier Bionaz

Patrick Braunhofer.

Women: 

Dorothea Wierer

Lisa Vittozzi

Irene Lardschneider

Federica Sanfilippo

Nicole Gontier

No Windisch and one three on the men's side out of 5.  I wonder what is going on?

on the men's side, Windisch, Bormolini and Cappellari were on the preliminary list, so I guess they have been left at home because they are just not in good shape (or maybe they -or someone close to them- tested positive for covid, so they have to miss this weekend...however, no news have been released about their absence)...

on the women's side, there's a clear team policy trying to favour Lardschneider, Carrara and the upcoming youngsters...but the internal tests did force our TD to keep Sanfilippo and Gontier in the main team despite the original idea was to send them only in the IBU Cup team...

in any case, the situation in our women's team promises to get quite explosive in the next weeks/months (and there's always the Wierer vs Vittozzi rivalry to manage, even if it looks that nowadays the hot days of the last season have been buried under the carpet...but you know, dust takes a second to come out again)...

German Team for the Season Opening + WC 1

Women: 

- Denise Herrmann 

- Janina Hettich

- Vanessa Hinz 

- Maren Hammerschmidt 

- Franziska Preuß 

- Sophia Schneider (Sprint, Season Opening)

- Anna Weidel (Individual, Season Opening)

Men:

- Benedikt Doll

- Lucas Fratzscher 

- Philipp Horn 
- Johannes Kühn 
- Erik Lesser 
- Arnd Peiffer 
- Roman Rees 

https://www.deutscherskiverband.de/detail_news_de,1069,1370544,detail.html