website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I know you did, because Lithuanian names came up in your analysis :d 

Ah yeah, Gabriela Lescinskaite and Kotryna Vitkunaite mostly, I believe :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

It's probably a larger nation syndrome. 

I'm happy when there's new countries joining the sport, but I can't say that I ever openly cheered for those smaller nations when I sometimes feel like a smaller nation myself with our juniors racing for 80th place :p

The problem is the US is somewhere in the middle.  They are a "big" nation, but still fighting for 80th spot sometimes.  I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the less heralded or newer nations.  I love following the two Macedonian brothers, or the Danish biathlete that sometimes races.  It makes me look at the entire start list and results list.

Just now, Werloc said:

Excuse me, Ana Jesipionok and Raminta Dindaitė

Jesipionok as well, I'm not sure about Dindaite. I just found an old document I used to analyze and compare athletes in those parts of the results lists and Lescinskaite and Vitkunaite are mentioned in that :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Who knew that 50 year old Ilmars Bricis has such a myth about him :d He is like the mini Radek Stepanek. I see that former BG number one Pavlina Filipova has been his girlfriend at some point. 

The Biathlon world is so condensed, it's like a small village in which you live for half a year with a dating pool so small, you wouldn't be surprised that everyone screwed around with each other at one point or another  :lol:

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Jesipionok as well, I'm not sure about Dindaite. I just found an old document I used to analyze and compare athletes in those parts of the results lists and Lescinskaite and Vitkunaite are mentioned in that :p 

Well, Leščinskaitė even through her years of depression and even during a mononucleosis season managed to hold her own and not be beaten at IBU cup. 

I've been told that this was the first year since 2016 that she could train as much as the rest of team A without health issues restricting her.

So perhaps we're going to see a different Gabrielė this year.

Edit: she was even told to quit for a year, but couldn't since we needed to field mixed relays.

4 minutes ago, Werloc said:

The Biathlon world is so condensed, it's like a small village in which you live for half a year with a dating pool so small, you wouldn't be surprised that everyone screwed around with each other at one point or another  :lol:

Ah, the romance in the IBU Family Club :wub::p 

7 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

The problem is the US is somewhere in the middle.  They are a "big" nation, but still fighting for 80th spot sometimes.  I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the less heralded or newer nations.  I love following the two Macedonian brothers, or the Danish biathlete that sometimes races.  It makes me look at the entire start list and results list.

I just always wonder what is the feeling of being from USA and watching stuff like Athletics or Swimming, where you probably win something like 10 gold medals.

How do you even remain excited with all of those victories, when a single bronze for Lithuania literally drives the whole country insane for a year.