website statistics

Track Cycling UEC European Championships 2020

Totallympics

uVZatmn.png

Huh, what are heats 1 and 2 in the first round?

We've got three heats there:

1st vs 6th

2nd vs 5th

3rd vs 4th

Any single one of them being excluded from the fight for gold would be incredibly unfair, surely I'm missing something here? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

It seems like it's indeed true, 3rd and 4th position means you're out of the gold medal hunt, whereas 5th and 6th place (with 6th being a full 4 seconds behind the top-4) still have a theoretical shot for gold :rofl: 

This is just ridiculous. I mean, I've seen ridiculous things, but a last place - far, far, far away from the second-to-last place - giving you a better chance for gold than a 3rd place is high on the list. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

This is stupid indeed. And now for example 1st team won't finish because of crash or something and 6th team has silver medal :lol:

If they don't want make normal competition like two fastest time in final, next two in bronze (but then 1 round wouldn't be necessary) then they should make format when winners of 1v4 and 2v3 are in final and two fastest time from the rest in bronze medal race.