website statistics

Wrestling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

19 minutes ago, MHSN said:

also, Kyrgyzstan just bought another Russian wrestler ! Aligadzhi Gamidgadzhiev :facepalm: I wonder how many Russian wrestlers we had here, Batirov, Musaev, Mamed Ibragimov, Magomed Ibragimov, the Qatari guy Ibrahim, Manyurova and there are probably few more I'm not aware of.

Are you sure that Kyrgyzstan "bought" that Russian? Or the Russian just came because he is not the best in Russia? I don't think that Kyrgyzstan is a nation that can afford some athlete shopping. :d

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Are you sure that Kyrgyzstan "bought" that Russian? Or the Russian just came because he is not the best in Russia? I don't think that Kyrgyzstan is a nation that can afford some athlete shopping. :d

Yeah you are probably right, Kyrgyzstan probably can't afford that, I wonder if even Bahrain pays Batirov and Abdelfatah for just wrestling under Bahraini flag !? or they will get paid when they win something.

btw it's not like these wrestlers are something special, they are just good to qualify for Rio. except Batirov, none of them can win medal in the Olympics.

8 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Congrats to India for qualifying in Greco-Roman probably after a long time ;) well-deserved quota, this guy Hardeep completely destroyed the host wrestler Assembekov .

Yes its great for GR team......:d

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

12 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Congrats to India for qualifying in Greco-Roman probably after a long time ;) well-deserved quota, this guy Hardeep completely destroyed the host wrestler Assembekov .

Unexpected quota for us :clap: His quota made up for the disappointment of Satywart (FS 97kg) losing SF yesterday in the last second and Vinesh & Babita in women's section

At the and, Iran won two quotas here, both Noroozi and K. Ghasemi made it to the final later today. now we have a complete freestyle team. while in Greco, Noroozi just won the quota , he was down 6-0 against the Chinese wrestler but had a great comeback. he is still far from his 2012 shape when he won the gold in London but still he has months left to prepare.

Bahrain despite naturalizing two big names failed to qualify, Abdelfatah (world champion from Egypt 10 years ago) lost to China in semifinal

North Korea also didn't win a single quota, which is indeed surprising. their last chance So Sim-Hyang lost to Vietnam !

here is the list of notable and world level male Asian wrestlers who failed to qualify (or didn't participate)

Freestyle

57: Amit Kumar (IND)

65: Adam Batirov (BRN)

74: Rashid Kurbanov (UZB)

Greco

59: Hamid Sourian (IRN), Elmurat Tasmuradov (UZB)

98: Mohamed Abdelfatah (BRN)

130: Bashir Babajanzadeh (IRN)

4 hours ago, gvaisakh said:

Unexpected quota for us :clap: His quota made up for the disappointment of Satywart (FS 97kg) losing SF yesterday in the last second and Vinesh & Babita in women's section

Satyawart wasn't supposed to beat Musaev but yes he was one second away from the quota and only has himself to blame, what the hell was that Musaev was deadly tired.

btw I watched almost the whole tournament, your Greco wrestlers are no pushover anymore, I see great improvement here, still not that technical but very strong physically and now they can compete with the best in Asia. except for your 59kg and 130kg wrestlers, the rest was really good, that guy Ravinver would qualify if he wasn't in Norouzi's side of draw.

btw where is Amit Kumar ? injured probably ? that would be pity if he doesn't qualify.

45 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Satyawart wasn't supposed to beat Musaev but yes he was one second away from the quota and only has himself to blame, what the hell was that Musaev was deadly tired.

btw I watched almost the whole tournament, your Greco wrestlers are no pushover anymore, I see great improvement here, still not that technical but very strong physically and now they can compete with the best in Asia. except for your 59kg and 130kg wrestlers, the rest was really good, that guy Ravinver would qualify if he wasn't in Norouzi's side of draw.

btw where is Amit Kumar ? injured probably ? that would be pity if he doesn't qualify.

Amit was beaten by Rahul Aware in the national selection trials

I found a lot of improvement in our Greco wrestlers.. Very much impressed with Ravinder

Edited by gvaisakh