website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

Zuzulova missed one OG in her prime and was severly hampered in the other IIRC? Didn't she like got injured right before 2009 WCh?  :mumble: Can't compare Zampa's AC result, even Poland got 5th place in AC in Nagano 1998 which was a total low-hanging fruit :p

I wonder if the Beijing slope will be a similar dud to the one in Pyeongchang? I really don't have high hopes for these non-traditional OG venues in alpine skiing.

The big question is how far Liensberger takes her new found slalom dominance? She could be unstoppable in the Olympic season. And she deffo won't bother with speed events.

World Cup Final (Stage 34)

SUI.gif Lenzerheide (SUI) - 19 March 2021 - 21 March 2021 SUI.gif

Women's Giant Slalom (8/8)
Final Results

NZL.gif ROBINSON Alice
2:19.481:11.85+1:07.63

USA.gif SHIFFRIN Mikaela
2:19.761:11.08+1:08.68

SLO.gif HROVAT Meta
2:19.961:11.18+1:08.78

Full Results HERE

17 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Zuzulova missed one OG in her prime and was severly hampered in the other IIRC? Didn't she like got injured right before 2009 WCh? 

yep, and also before Sochi and also before PyeongChang, when she was back at her peak and was the only one to doing small troubles here and there to Shiffrin, had a surgery 6 months before the games and returned basically directly from the hospital as our flag bearer and to the piste to finish in a decent 17th place and finish her career

Womens Giant Slalom World Cup 2020/21  Final Standing

1. Marta Bassino  :ITA  546

2. Mikaela Shiffrin :USA  420

3. Tessa Worley :FRA  391

Full Detailed Final W Giant Slalom Standing HERE

-------------------------------------------------------------

Mens Slalom World Cup 2020/21  Final Standing

1. Marco Schwarz  :AUT  665

2. Clement Noel :FRA  553

3. Ramon Zenhaeusern :SUI  503

Full Detailed Final M Slalom Standing HERE

Womens Overall World Cup 2020/21  Final Standing

1. Petra Vlhova  :SVK  1416

2. Lara Gut-Behrami :SUI  1256

3. Michelle Gisin :SUI  1130

Full Detailed Final W Overall Standing HERE

-------------------------------------------------------------

Mens Overall World Cup 2020/21  Final Standing

1. Alexis Pinturault  :FRA  1260

2. Marco Odermatt :SUI  1093

3. Marco Schwarz :AUT  814

Full Detailed Final M Overall Standing HERE

So, is Vlhova more popular than some canoeists in Slovakia right now? I can't give any names since I only remember Martikan and the Hochschorners rather then the current generation :p  I'd say it's a dead heat with Sagan? Or some ice hockey players from NHL?

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

So, is Vlhova more popular than some canoeists in Slovakia right now? I can't give any names since I only remember Martikan and the Hochschorners rather then the current generation :p  I'd say it's a dead heat with Sagan? Or some ice hockey players from NHL?

the fact she is in basically all our newspapers first page today speak about her popularity here itself I guess

https://t.aimg.sk/magaziny/cpdBeQlPTr3hT15KZZopMQ.jpg?t=&h=ci6_M_T2MlxQAbO8isPjbw&e=2145916800&v=1

img.php?type=detail&hash=03d5c0f2c33da8c   dLDehEqHQ1T6rSxGz5i3JA.320~Denn-k-port-2

The girl just can not take a breath :d

After arriving to Slovakia she was welcomed by the Minister of Education and Sports and the head of Parliament, as the first officials to officially thank her for her representation. Later in a specially prepared hall in the Bratislava castle she had a very long press conference,

in the coming days she was also invited to the presidential palace.  Last athletes who were there during the gala lunch were the hockey players after their silver in 2012 if I remember correctly

210323-petra-vlhova-boris-kollar-(1).jpg

210323-petra-vlhova-kniha-(1).jpg

vlhova-globus-doma.jpg

vlhova-rodina.jpg