website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

Damn, what a fall. Always gives this 'weak' feeling in the stomach when someone stays down without any movement for so long, then is treated for so long and then the helicopter flies in..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Damn, what a fall. Always gives this 'weak' feeling in the stomach when someone stays down without any movement for so long, then is treated for so long and then the helicopter flies in..

What was disturbing are those officials, who were standing two meters away and literally did nothing to help the visibly unconscious Ford, moments after the accident...

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

What was disturbing are those officials, who were standing two meters away and literally did nothing to help the visibly unconscious Ford, moments after the accident...

That very much boggled my mind as well, I was quietly yelling at them to at the very least go check on him..

Just saw the replay by the way and yeah, that knee is gone. Jesus, it's that kind of accident where one's lower leg moves completely independent from the upper leg, that's horrible. I really hope the treatment took so long because of that, and not because of something more threatening to his overall health.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Ledecka goes second, but still over a second down.  Goggia’s “Miracle run” from the stadium announcer.  :cheer:

Tippler now...

I’m learning a lot of German words from this stadium announcer. “Miracle run” “Super nice” - German has become a lot easier since I tried to learn it at school.

2 hours ago, dcro said:

protocols...the only people allowed to help fallen skiers are those in charge of the official medical staff...

and especially in cases like that, if you're not fully aware of the situation, you could make a lot of damages by trying to move someone who could have broken vertebra...

by the way, Ford regained his consciousness when he was on the helicopter and according to the first news he still recognizes the people talking to him...

so, likely he "only" has his knees to be evaluated for further problems, but it looks that there are no big consequences to his head and neck area, which is the most important thing...