website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Yeah, I don't mind. :)

Vlhova will really concentrate on technical races only next season? Gisin could win big globe then I feel.

Yep.

Will not even race all GS&SL stages, only some of them.

with the only goal of the year. Medal at the Olympics,   Her team already launched the project. Mission Beijing.

6 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Yep.

Will not even race all GS&SL stages, only some of them.

with the only goal of the year. Medal at the Olympics,   Her team already launched the project. Mission Beijing.

I presume that's a gold medal though? She looked anything but happy with the silver medals in Cortina this year ;) I don't believe she will skip any slaloms & GS on purpose though. That carries a risk of being out of race shape. Plus nobody knows what kind of slopes we'll have in Beijing? All it takes is another frost attack like in Pyeongchang and half of the contenders will be caught out by the conditions alone.

30 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I presume that's a gold medal though? She looked anything but happy with the silver medals in Cortina this year ;) I don't believe she will skip any slaloms & GS on purpose though. That carries a risk of being out of race shape. Plus nobody knows what kind of slopes we'll have in Beijing? All it takes is another frost attack like in Pyeongchang and half of the contenders will be caught out by the conditions alone.

Well, everybody is aiming for gold, but I am certain she will be happy even with one bronze. Olympic medal is basically the only thing she is still missing.

Youth Olympics Gold, WJCh Gold, World Championship Gold, World Cup wins, small Globes now also the holy grail Big Globe, she won all of them, but she is still without any Olympics medal

Yeah, I agree, you see ! it sometimes happen. I also don't really believe it, maybe she will skip like one stage, the last one before the Olympics or so, but I am convinced that she will want to fight for some small globe in her prefered disciplines. What is certain is that there will be no more downhills or super-Gs in her competitions program. The only competition super-G in the entire season on which she will start will be in Beijing as part of the Olympic Alpine Combined.

Right, I remember that she already was among the SL medal contenders also before PyeongChang but totally choked in that race. funny that 5th place from AC is still her Olympics PB which is also the tied NR, since Adam Žampa was 5th in AC in Sochi 2014 as well. The guy is even holding the Slalom NR (6th in Sochi) ahead of the likes of Zuzulova & Vlhova :lol: