website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

Yesterday Vlhová won, 2 posts

Today Vlhová lost badly, 2 pages

nice to see everyone is happy and active in the thread again :)

Yeah, I'm sure Friday being a work day has nothing to do with it. :p

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah, I'm sure Friday being a work day has nothing to do with it. :p

No worries. I´ll always cheer for Zubcic and all small countres athletes fighting against big power houses, even if I start to feel being in minority in this forum.

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

What do you expect when someone like Chiara Mair who never finished better than 6th on World Cup gets a first group starting bib? Austria has nobody other than Liensberger and Sweden is totally gone once Swenn-Larsson got injured. Not gonna even mention France who has 33 year old Noens as their #1 since like forever.

Sweden will be good again in a couple of years, they have multiple very good talents.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

39 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Sweden will be good again in a couple of years, they have multiple very good talents.

I've seen this script before and it's unlikely to happen. Charlotta Saefvenberg is labouring around while another junior WC Magdalena Fjaellstroem has completely vanished and she beat Gisin and Vlhova at junior WChamps. Sara Hector was supposed to be the next Anja Paerson and that didn't happen either. Sweden has wasted a lot of talent over the years who never quite reached the expectations on the big stage.

That's also the case for other nations, like Jessica Depauli who beat both Shiffrin and Holdener at junior WC or Reto Schmidiger who was like Marco Odermatt before Marco Odermatt. And he fizzled out fast too.

22 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I've seen this script before and it's unlikely to happen. Charlotta Saefvenberg is labouring around while another junior WC Magdalena Fjaellstroem has completely vanished and she beat Gisin and Vlhova at junior WChamps. Sara Hector was supposed to be the next Anja Paerson and that didn't happen either. Sweden has wasted a lot of talent over the years who never quite reached the expectations on the big stage.

That's also the case for other nations, like Jessica Depauli who beat both Shiffrin and Holdener at junior WC or Reto Schmidiger who was like Marco Odermatt before Marco Odermatt. And he fizzled out fast too.

1) Obviously most junior world champions never reach the same level in the seniors, but Sweden has too many talents for all of them to fail. At least one of them will become world class.

2) You can’t just look at junior results, you also have to look at the age, the level of competition (did all the talents who were eligible compete?) and the gaps. Sweden has multiple girls who are already elite at junior level despite being younger than most of the other competitors.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Stage 33

SLO.gif Kranjska Gora (SLO) - 13 March 2021 - 14 March 2021 SLO.gif

Men's Giant Slalom (9/10)
Final Results

SUI.gif ODERMATT Marco
2:12.871:06.20+1:06.67

SUI.gif MEILLARD Loic
2:13.931:05.59+1:08.34

AUT.gif BRENNSTEINER Stefan
2:13.961:06.11+1:07.85

Full Results HERE