2:16.661:08.51+1:08.15

NZL.gif ROBINSON Alice
2:16.821:09.33+1:07.49

USA.gif SHIFFRIN Mikaela
2:17.031:08.35+1:08.68

Full Results HERE

petra-vlhova-8.jpg

Petra Vlhová:
43rd WC Careers Podium, 19th Gold (19 - 14 - 10), 9th WC Careers Giant Slalom Podium, 5th Gold (5 - 1 - 3)
9th 2020/21 WC Podium, 5th Gold (5 - 2 - 2), 3rd 2020/1 WC Giant Slalom Podium, 1st Gold (1 - 0 - 2)

a bit of drama after the race, after Mikaela calls out the delay before her start in the 2nd run being on purpose https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2021/03/07/petra-vlhova-mikaela-shiffrin-jasna-giant-slalom-results/

yeah, unfortunate, I agree, such reparations should not last so long, I agree as well , but seriously I doubt a couple of technicians had suddenly an idea to deliberatley postpone her start on purpose. This is ridiculous. The gate was clearly broken and they had to fix it, shame it took so long but it is not like it never happened anywhere before.

and however, Petra had an unexpected start-stop too before her run as well after Maryna GD crash followed with a gate reparation.

all in all, I admit it was too long and probably had an impact on Shiffrin 2nd run performance, but I am pretty sure it was not on purpose, the technicians just did their job, however they could be a bit faster, but, well, what can we do :p