website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

I knew this will happen, Petra is not training (or rather to say has very limited amount of trainings) slaloms anymore in last weeks, it is already shocking she was able to finish 4th here, just like in Semmering, she definitely missed her slalom mojo. Now, the question is, it is realy so important to fight for the wole globe, or rather return to focus on her strongest SL & GS events, where she can with better focus actually win something. Now, she cearly is losing too much against her opponents..

14 hours ago, hckosice said:

I knew this will happen, Petra is not training (or rather to say has very limited amount of trainings) slaloms anymore in last weeks, it is already shocking she was able to finish 4th here, just like in Semmering, she definitely missed her slalom mojo. Now, the question is, it is realy so important to fight for the wole globe, or rather return to focus on her strongest SL & GS events, where she can with better focus actually win something. Now, she cearly is losing too much against her opponents..

Well In the Total Score I think her only rival will be Gisin or maybe Goggia. And if she is still in Slalom and Giant Slalom In front of them everything is fine. In my opinion Pinturault looses to much points in Slaloms. There are no Giant Slaloms until the Championships, so not many points for him, while Kilde got 5 Speed Events so possible around 400 points.

9 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

Well In the Total Score I think her only rival will be Gisin or maybe Goggia. And if she is still in Slalom and Giant Slalom In front of them everything is fine. In my opinion Pinturault looses to much points in Slaloms. There are no Giant Slaloms until the Championships, so not many points for him, while Kilde got 5 Speed Events so possible around 400 points.

we´ll see. Big globe is certainly a very atractive and prestigious prize, no slovak athlete has won yet in any winter sport in history, so would be definitely a huge thing if it will happen.

I still just hope she will not focus on the big globe and concentrate more in the next 2021/22 season on GS and SL, remember a Olympic gold (or any other medal) in Alpine Skiing is also something any athlete from our country never achieved so far even in the former TCH era, and who knows when such chance will occure again

On 13/01/2021 at 13:44, JonPhi said:

Slalom Races in Kitzbühel Are cancelled due to COVID-19.

The downhills are still on though. Plural, with the Wengen downhill sadly being forced to move already.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!