website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

The originally February cancelled "Beijing" Yanqing stage has been moved to Italy. Val di Fassa will host 1 womens downhill and 1 W SG the 27th and 28th February. The next weekend the W World Cup circuit will then travel to Slovakia, The Tatras mountains Jasná resort will host W GS and SL

12 minutes ago, hckosice said:

The next weekend the W World Cup circuit will then travel to Slovakia, The Tatras mountains Jasná resort will host W GS and SL

Just to clarify, this is not a change, right? I see I already put Jasna in my calendar on those dates two months or so ago and am just trying to avoid editing the wrong thing now :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

What's up with Val d'Isère this week by the way? There's supposed to be a downhill training today, but there's no live timing, not even a start list, nothing.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Even FIS noticed :cheer: 

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Just to clarify, this is not a change, right? I see I already put Jasna in my calendar on those dates two months or so ago and am just trying to avoid editing the wrong thing now :d 

Yep it was not a change, The only change is that the host will not be anymore the SLA (Slovak Skiing Association) but our Olympic committee (SOŠV). which was already recognized by FIS as temporary representant of slovak skiers under the FIS competitions. Since last weekend, our Olympic Committee has been registering our skiers to the races (and look how suddenly Žampa was flying :lol:).

however the organising committee of Jasná World Cup 2021 already received a notification from FIS to book the Friday as well, in case it is necessary that a canceled GS or SL race from this season could be hypothetically moved to Jasná

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

What's up with Val d'Isère this week by the way? There's supposed to be a downhill training today, but there's no live timing, not even a start list, nothing.

I notice on the FIS site that there are now training runs scheduled for Thu & Fri, so I guess rescheduling.

Dominik Paris is back! :cheer:

after the awful knee injury that killed his chances to win the overall world cup and forced him to miss the 2nd half of the season, today he made his comeback in the 1st training run of the Val D'Isere downhill...

obviously he didn't even try to ski one of the best times, but at the end of his run he said he felt good while coming down the slope and that tomorrow he's also going to look for a decent clocking...