website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Btw, are we supposed to know who are all these people? :p

To be entirely fair, Epke Zonderland, Johan Cruijff and Max Verstappen are not exactly small characters in sports. I can perfectly imagine people not knowing them, but one doesn't need to be absolute diehard fans of their respective sports to at least have heard of them :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Stroopwafels are an excellent choice, sir. At least twice a year a whole bag full is taken back to Brazil :d 

This is a thing that I can only ask a dutch man.

Is it considered a common thing or a heresy to brew a cup of tea and use one of those waffles as a lid and then you get the warm caramelly goodness from that waffle that's been warmed up with steam? 

Just now, dcro said:

I thought the Netherlands was hosting this though.

What are you saying?

4YiPqHQ6tupWj7O45bJo6pRQXAMLIWyQ-VV_9vZk

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

To be entirely fair, Epke Zonderland, Johan Cruijff and Max Verstappen are not exactly small characters in sports. I can perfectly imagine people not knowing them, but one doesn't need to be absolute diehard fans of their respective sports to at least have heard of them :p 

Max who ?

Just now, Werloc said:

This is a thing that I can only ask a dutch man.

Is it considered a common thing or a heresy to brew a cup of tea and use one of those waffles as a lid and then you get the warm caramelly goodness from that waffle that's been warmed up with steam? 

You're not going in a wrong direction. One can use it as a lid on any sort of hot beverage for a few minutes, but then directly eat it and not dismember the stroopwafel or something :p 

Just pick a stroopwafel, put it on top of one's hot beverage a little while, then take it and eat it :cheer: 

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Max who ?

All those years of cheering for Matej Toth and this is what I get.

Just now, heywoodu said:

You're not going in a wrong direction. One can use it as a lid on any sort of hot beverage for a few minutes, but then directly eat it and not dismember the stroopwafel or something :p 

Just pick a stroopwafel, put it on top of one's hot beverage a little while, then take it and eat it :cheer: 

I'm that person that sometimes drinks tea only for the chance to consume that perfect waffle.

Do I want to know what it means to dismember the stroopwafel? Sounds like something the dutch mafia would say.