website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Also Italy.

But, generally speaking, non-English songs have no chance of winning. While non-Italian, French, German songs have no chance of a podium finish.

There are possibly around 3-4 exceptions in 15 editions.

image.jpeg

I didn't want to comment before to not bring negativity to a happy contest but... despite serbian song was also my favorite it's sad to see that a non-anglophone country has to bring a song with irish music and english lyrics to win.

To my personal taste this was the lowest quality contest to this day. Also sad to see old-ish songs still tend to be very underappreciated in the open contest which is supposed to be for them.

As I always say: You're a bunch of teenagers with awful taste. Go listen One Direction or something :p

Congrats to Serbia :SRB for their deservedly win and for their consistent almost getting votes from all points throughout the contest. Congrats also to Canada :CAN for their silver medal. It's been a tight race for bronze medal and a real honour to snatch that final podium place. 

Thanks to all those who voted for the Maltese song and for your kind messages and support throughout the day.

An appreciate to the organisers of this contest. A really good job for keeping the level of this contest on a high level.

Here's another chance to listen to the Maltese song. Let's get whistling along the song.

Cheers :toast:

2 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I didn't want to comment before to not bring negativity to a happy contest but... despite serbian song was also my favorite it's sad to see that a non-anglophone country has to bring a song with irish music and english lyrics to win.

To my personal taste this was the lowest quality contest to this day. Also sad to see old-ish songs still tend to be very underappreciated in the open contest which is supposed to be for them.

As I always say: You're a bunch of teenagers with awful taste. Go listen One Direction or something :p

Emotional ladies :d 

16 minutes ago, dcro said:

Also Italy.

Italy won the tournament with a song in German? Süd-Tirol? :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So that happened...

The worst result in our history and humiliation in the czechoslovak trophy...but still I have no ragrets of selecting Nepoznám, it is a huge song which I love and for me is the winner, with legal votes I know that i would won..

but yep, it is fine folks, NO ragrets

OccasionalMerryHorsechestnutleafminer-ma

7 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Go yell at clouds or something :p 

Spoiler

I don't disagree with your main point though, if I'd have a tiebreak that can't be broken any other way I might use language as a way to break it, but I also feel that'd be a bit unfair.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

So that happened...

The worst result in our history and humiliation in the czechoslovak trophy...but still I have no ragrets of selecting Nepoznám, it is a huge song which I love and for me is the winner, with legal votes I know that i would won..

but yep, it is fine folks, NO ragrets

OccasionalMerryHorsechestnutleafminer-ma

One of the best songs of your country i have ever seen here.