website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

8 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Congrats to Serbia and Malta for making TISC history, first ever Slavic win and the first small nation to reach the podium!

And I would like to thank the few who voted for us this time. I guess it's back to the drawing board for us to figure out what works at TISC. Not sure what to expect from us next time because there are only a few viable options for Annual thanks to COVID. Hopefully our former ESC national competition will give us something to work with. 

It's actually strange. The Lithuanian music scene was somewhat booming during covid. Many many artists came out with their best ever hits. I could send 15 songs that I wouldn't be ashamed of. Too bad one is just that good and overshadows the others, or perhaps it's good, because less thinking for me :p 

Just now, Werloc said:

It's actually strange. The Lithuanian music scene was somewhat booming during covid. Many many artists came out with their best ever hits. I could send 15 songs that I wouldn't be ashamed of. Too bad one is just that good and overshadows the others, or perhaps it's good, because less thinking for me :p 

The Hungarian music scene had a "break" for a few months and after that nothing seems to emerge that I would send to TISC. As always, Hungarian YouTube is dominated by low quality Hungarian rap and the radio chart is dominated by almost one year old songs. The previous Annual Hungarian entry ("Mostantól") is  #7 on YouTube and #5 on the radio chart, a song that was literally released one year ago. 

And finally, I am not the one for big speeches, but congrats first of all to @heywoodu for holding everything together. Even at those times when Slovakia casted ILLEGAL votes. Kudos! Having to correct 30 templates on the day of Grand Final sounds like a nightmare.

Congratulations to :SRB Serbia and :CAN Canada, and of course :MLT Malta who belonged to my personal Top 3. Obviously congratulations to all the team medalists as well. Now we have more than 30 nations with various team medals, so the Team Challenge really represents a nice opportunity for a whole new level of fan engagement.

As for Croatia, I had no expectations for the first time ever perhaps. I watched H-8 at an outdoor cinema this summer, and when Sretan Put came along, I immediately picked it up for this Open. It was an interesting experience.

No idea what to do for the next editions. During Annuals it's both impossible to experiment and impossible to post a decent result (Top 15 - never happened). During Opens it's easier to get better results, but I usually end up not choosing the entries with most potential. :dunno:

#banbestmen

20 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Congrats to Serbia and Malta for making TISC history, first ever Slavic win and the first small nation to reach the podium!

And I would like to thank the few who voted for us this time. I guess it's back to the drawing board for us to figure out what works at TISC. Not sure what to expect from us next time because there are only a few viable options for Annual thanks to COVID. Hopefully our former ESC national competition will give us something to work with. 

And that reminds me, probably next week, once the dust settles on this, we will have a little poll to see what we should do about the Annual. I understand that with COVID that it has probably meant there's a lot less music to choose from so it might be good to allow the rules to be a bit more flexible for the year that's in it.... possibly extending the period of time to choose from. But we'll talk about that next week in the Discussion Thread.

Just now, Werloc said:

Updated Lithuanian ALL TIME top 20

We haven't had Morocco and Azerbaijan in ages, but they're still in it.

Czech Republic, Moldova and China are the countries currently outside of this top 20 that got points in this edition.

2020-11-14.png

This table is missing some more Zsa Zsa it appears.

#banbestmen

13 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I am throwing

up?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!