website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

It was a good feeling to come back into the top 10 after a long streak of mediocre performances.

It was also really fun to break the 100 point mark.

If this song didn't succeed, I would probably question every single song choice into oblivion, because I was really starting to get lost whilst guessing what you would enjoy :p 

This makes it easier to send a song in Lithuanian for 2021, because I won't feel as bad if I can't repeat a top 10 and I have a really nice one ready for you, I just know that it's really a gamble not going for English every single time.

Congratulations to the podium, @NikolaB probably won't understand what happened, nice streak for @intoronto and a memorable experience for @Glen

Best wishes to everyone sharing the top 10 with me, a lot of the songs I really liked sneaked into it, so I'm pretty happy with the results overall. Expected a bit more love for Moldova, China, Great Britain, Brazil and Czech Republic, but I can't expect all of my favourites to make it to the top. 

Thank you to everyone that voted for Lithuania, huge shout out to @titicow for that gold from Brazil, it means a lot. Honorary shout out for @Bohemia since it was top in her list as well. I think there was also a medal from team Denmark and I appreaciate that one a lot as well and if I remember correctly, that was the only medals and a perfect 1-1-1 set.

Another great contest and can't wait to hang out with you all in Canada.

My personal Top 12 + Reserves

1. :GBR Great Britain - 12 points

2. :LTU Lithuania - 11 points

3. :IND India - 10 points

4. :IRL Ireland - 9 points

5. :USA United States - 8 points

6. :CHN China - 7 points

7. :NZL New Zealand - 6 points

8. :ROU Romania - 5 points

9. :CRO Croatia - 4 points

10. :CZE Czech Republic - 3 points

11. :MEX Mexico - 2 points

12. :MLT Malta - 1 point

Reserves:

1. :HUN Hungary

2. :CAN Canada

3. :SRB Serbia

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And so we have reached ourselves a conclusion...points have been splintered, ties have been broken...and here we have it, the final standings of the 2020 Totallympics Open International Song Contest!

80750C46-2248-4232-880E-A621D8BB0970.png

Juries voted so far: 35 / 35

TOISC - NETHERLANDS 2020 :CHN China 18 67 
:SRB Serbia 1 237  :POR Portugal 19 67 
:CAN Canada 2 165  :INA Indonesia 20 62 
:MLT  Malta 3 143  :USA United States 21 62 
:IRL Ireland 4 143  :ITA Italy 22 57 
:FRA  France 5 124  :DEN Denmark 23 56 
:IND India 6 124  :POL Poland 24 48 
:GER Germany 7 118  :CRO Spain 25 44 
:LTU Lithuania 8 109  :ESP Croatia 26 44 
:KAZ Kazakhstan 9 99  :SLO Slovenia 27 41 
:NZL

New Zealand

10 91  :EGY Egypt 28 40 
:NED Netherlands 11 85  :TUN Tunisia 29 39 
:ROU Romania 12 85  :ISR Israel 30 39 
:ARG  Argentina 13 85  :SVK Slovakia 31 36 
:BRA Brazil 14 82  :GRE Greece 32 35 
:MDA Moldova 15 79  :MEX Mexico 33 35 
:CZE Czech Republic 16 77  :HUN Hungary 34 23 
:GBR Great Britain 17 75  :BUL Bulgaria 35 14 

There can, however, be only one winner and with an overwhelming performance, that honour goes to Serbia! Please turn up the volume and make way for a final performance of the TOISC 2020 champions:

:SRB Irish Stew of Sindidun - Lady of New Tomorrow! :SRB

Spanish and Croatian flags are switched. :lol:

Congratulations to every country for the scores, specially to Serbia! ?????

@heywoodu is a great secret keeper, it was impossible to get him to tell me in advance who was the winner ?. Congratulations for the hosting, my dear ?

SPECIAL AWARDS - Brazil 2018 Legacy

image.png.630e58e977f48c60126e1b4939f1020e.png J'en Suis La Award - :GER Germany (16th --> 7th)

- the nation who gained most places in the second half of the Grand Final -

image.png.6f88ae0035e14d7e265c0cc713d52391.png Passionfruit Award - :HUN Hungary (Standard Deviation: 2.07)

- the nation who scored the most consistent points -

SPECIAL AWARDS - Netherlands 2020 Legacy

STOP THE COUNT! Award - :INA Indonesia (11th --> 20th)

- the nation who dropped most places in the second half of the Grand Final -

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, Michal Hroch said:

Amazing contest! Thanks a lot to @heywoodu for great organization :)
Congratulation :SRB like truly winner! The song has unique syntesis of world music. Good job! :yes

Finally, thanks all countries voting for :CZE:) As a Music teacher at high school I wanted to choose a high-art level song. I hope I did it well....

It clearly hit the mark with me! Hopefully we see you back for the annual edition in the spring.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

What an epic contest, privileged to part of the drama right until the very end!

Huge conrgratulations to :SRB Serbia for their first TISC victory, a dominant win by all means! Ireland salutes Irish Stew of Sindidun :hatoff:

Congrats to :CAN Canada for their second medal of the year, a very impressive year for them with a gold and silver in both 2020 contests.

And finally, so delighted for :MLT Malta on making it onto the TISC podium for the very first time. A great achievement for the tiny island nation who now has a shiny medal in their cabinet! It was great to be part of this historic moment also :)

And finally, a big big big thank you to @heywoodu for all of his work in the last few weeks and for taking on the mantle of host. I have enjoyed every moment of this final, but throughout the whole edition, it has been a pleasure to be part of and thank you so much for your efforts! And now, you can take a breather and put your feet up for a well earned rest!

Thanks to @dcro also for those entertaining interviews and for all the other little stats and things that just helps make TISC even more enjoyable.

And as always, thank you to all who participated in the contest. I feel like we just keep getting stronger year after year, and it's great to see interest and enthusiasm is as high as ever.

Just a final thank you to all who placed votes in the Irish basket, especially to @Vektor for giving me a very nice surprise with that 12 points!

Enjoy the celebrations everyone!! Long live TISC :cheer::toast:

3 minutes ago, Cobi said:

Spanish and Croatian flags are switched. :lol:

Yeah alright, the last scoreboards had to be fixed in a hurry after the mixup was discovered, I might have looked over a flag or two :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Holland 2020 Legacy

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!