website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

A word from our president

"First of all, many congratulations to Serbia, @NikolaB and Irish Stew of Sindidun on their first ever Totallympics International Song Contest victory and, as someone who awarded them the maximum score, I can only say it is incredibly deserved - a fact that's made even more clear by the overwhelming victory.

Second, huge congratulations to Malta, @Glen and Airport Impressions with a historic first ever medal, which goes to show that one should simply never give up...you never know what's possible!

Third, I personally owe a great deal of gratitude towards several people, who have helped me immensely in making the contest possible. I wasn't sure I could do it, mostly due to a severe lack of creativity, but exactly that is where mostly @Olympian1010, @OlympicIRL and @mrv86have been of fantastic value to me, and I definitely won't forget @dcro's efforts for the team competition!

Last, but most definitely not least, a big thank you to all who have participated in the contest. I'm amazed at the number of jurors who came here to post their own votes, which always shows a good deal of commitment - nothing against those who didn't, by the way, of course life does sometimes get in the way a little. It would not have been as much fun without each and everyone of you, so from the bottom of my heart: thank you all!

Now, lastly, but actually lastly: have a wonderful evening, and see you at the bar!"

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Congratulations to @NikolaB on an impressive win from the Serbian delegation.

@intoronto snags another podium (Is Canada the Ireland of North America?)

Of course, a huge congrats to @Glen on Malta’s first podium.

I’ll post some more feedback and congratulations later this week.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Congratulations to the three medal winners!

For Spain, this has been one of the worst results with only 44 points, so the next year I will be back to pop music with the song that I initially thought to enter this year.

P.S. It is very nice to see Portugal in the top20 with a song in Mirandés.

7 minutes ago, hckosice said:

nice one

obrázok.png

Oh crap, this one I'll actually quickly edit before having the first ever World War started by Totallympics :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Congratulations to my Wolf Pack ( @Cobi, @Glen, @intoronto, @hckosice, @dezbee2008) on a sweet second place finish in the team contest. It’s a nice consolation for those of us who didn’t perform as well this year.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

If someone is interested, here is my personal voting:

:KAZ Kazakhstan - 12
:ROU Romania - 11
:CAN Canada - 10
:CHN China - 9
:SRB Serbia - 8
:ESP Spain - 7
:TUN Tunisia - 6
:MLT Malta - 5
:CZE Czech Republic - 4
:NZL New Zealand - 3
:BUL Bulgaria - 2
:IRL Ireland - 1
:GER Germany - 1st reserve
:MDA Moldova - 2nd reserve
:IND India - 3rd reserve

Amazing contest! Thanks a lot to @heywoodu for great organization :)
Congratulation :SRB like truly winner! The song has unique syntesis of world music. Good job! :yes

Finally, thanks all countries voting for :CZE:) As a Music teacher at high school I wanted to choose a high-art level song. I hope I did it well....