website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

Alright, my excitement for @Glen’s podium has decreased a little after that reveal. :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

malta-flag-animation.gif

MALTA

:CAN

Canada 12

:SRB

Serbia 11

:GER

Germany 10
:IND India 9
:INA Indonesia 8
:NED Netherlands 7
:LTU Lithuania 6
:ITA Italy 5
:CHN China 4
:ESP Spain 3
:IRL Ireland 2
:ARG Argentina 1

And this last vote brings an end to another excited edition of TOISC. A big well done to all the organisers and participants for making this edition possible. 

Just now, Vektor said:

237 is the second highest score ever behind Zombie. 

Which I find double as impressive considering Zombie had the advantage of already being a very big international hit for a very long time, whereas I'm sure most people here had never heard Lady of New Tomorrow.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

In all honesty, I don't know if I'm forgetting anyone special, but @Glen and @Wanderer seemed like the next two people that really deserved to get that sweet sweet first podium. They've been sending high quality music for years and I'm glad at least one of them made it in this contest.

Hoping @Wanderer gets to experience the feeling too soon

If I ran through all of my excels, I don't know if I'd find their songs out of my top 20s.

Just now, Werloc said:

In all honesty, I don't know if I'm forgetting anyone special, but @Glen and @Wanderer seemed like the next two people that really deserved to get that sweet sweet first podium. They've been sending high quality music for years and I'm glad at least one of them made it in this contest.

Yes, this. I’m so glad users continue to stick around even when their songs fail to score high. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Tiebreakers

Malta beats Ireland in the battle for bronze, with the smallest of the island nations having received points from 22 national juries...a single jury more than Ireland's 21.

India and France tied for fifth place and both received points from an impressive 17 juries. However, France received two scores of 12 points, whereas India received none, leading to France denying the world's second most populous nation a first ever top-5 finish.

The Netherlands, Argentina and Romania tied for 11th, which goes to the host nation: their score of receiving votes from 14 nations is one higher than the other two. Romania got a single 12-pointer, Argentina did not, and so 12th goes to Romania.

Tiebreaker3.jpg

Every position where a tie might be involved is the subject of severe scrutineering!

China and Portugal, after a recount, ended up being tied for 18th place. China received points from 13 nations, which is four more than Portugal, and so the Asian giant gets the position.

Indonesia and the United States fought heavily over 20th place, which went to the Asian nation with 11 against 8 in terms of number of nations they've received votes from.

Spain got points from 10 nations, one more than Croatia, and so took away the 25th spot.

Israel and Tunisia were in the running for 28th; it went to Tunisia, which received votes from seven juries, two more than Israel.

Last, but definitely not least: Greece and Mexico and their battle for 32nd. It was won by Greece, with 6 nations voting for them against Mexico's 5 nations.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!