website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

7 minutes ago, rybak said:

It would be good if you would somehow noted in OP which nations already voted ;) 

Done :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Much like in all of the Veluwe, there's rich history to be found here. On the open fields outside of the village, one can for example find the remnants of a two thousand year old Roman camp. Not even the first people to be there, since people from the east - up to the Balkan - already came to this area two thousand years prior. There's almost too much history to mention, but we will mention a field that has been uncovered in 1933: more than 300 Franconian graves were discovered, dated at around the year 600.

Ermelo was the center of the Veluwe's church life long before the year 1000, much to my surprise their Old Church was already mentioned - albeit in a bit smaller form than it is now - back in 1006! One might guess the name Old Church didn't come out of nowhere...Last, but not least, we'll go a bit south into the forests, for the legend of the 'Solse Gat' ('the Hole of Sols'): legend has it a monastery was there in the woods, but the monks didn't behave and it sunk into the earth. Sometimes during the night, nowadays one can still hear the monastery's bells and the Satanic singing of the monks around what is now but a hole in the ground.

This is like heaven :hearts:

8 minutes ago, Janakis said:

This is like heaven :hearts:

Honestly I knew there's a ton of history around here, but I had no idea Ermelo's church is over a thousand years old! Makes me want to hop on my bike next week :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, rybak said:

I already have my top12 but I still can't decided which one of three songs should have 12 points :wacko:

Spain 12

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Dragon said:

That's harsh on El Salvador...

Yeah, but they really struggled to outperform Guinea-Bissau and that left a poor impression on me. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

39 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, but they really struggled to outperform Guinea-Bissau and that left a poor impression on me. 

Shut it with your spoilers :mad: