If there's a moment when it's perfect
We'll carve our names as the sun goes down
Yeah
As the sun goes down
Yeah

We were, wash around me now
We were, wash around me now

As the sun goes down

Right, catching up on the last few days and going to enter everything in the playlist that isn't there yet now. If it's still needed, for anyone who needs it: a time extension is no problem @catgamer

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Right, not necessary for Germany anymore I see, still for Malta @Glen, which is no problem. Then there's Moldova @Ionoutz24, if a song is submitted before Wednesday, it's fine by me.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Looking for Charity?

Nations in Blue are most likely to award points to the last three ranked songs (and to the bottom one, in particular)...

(click to enlarge)

Charity.png

Nations which never awarded points to the last placed song:

Spoiler

Spoiler

:DEN:FRA (14 participations)

:CAN:ROU (12)

:KAZ (10)

:AZE (9)

:COL:RUS (8)

:CHI:CZE:MDA (7)

:AUS:HUN:MAR:NOR (5)

:IRI (4)

:CHN:EST:SUI (3)

:AUT:LAT:UKR:URU (2)

:LBN:VIE (1)

Nations which never awarded points to any of the bottom three placed songs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

:CZE (7 participations)

:AUS (5)

:EST:SUI (3)

:AUT:LAT (2)

#banbestmen

APELDOORN - The Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020 will be held in the city of Apeldoorn, but the focus definitely won't be on the city alone. Apeldoorn has been chosen because it's in the heart of the Veluwe, arguably the most beautiful part of the Netherlands - at least the entire Dutch delegation, every member of which was born and raised on the Veluwe, agrees. There's many centuries of history located here, sometimes in the obvious places, other times way more hidden. A word from the President of the organizing committee: "I was born on the Veluwe and spent many an hour cycling around it's forests, but there was towns not twenty kilometers away from home I'd never even heard of until I happened to come across them via some small forest road." As one would expect, these places have their history, and it's often near these hidden gems where one can find things like hills. Huh, hills? Yes, hills. Not your regular hills, but burial mounds, thousands of years old. Our President once more: "Take Niersen. Maybe three people and a cow live there, who knows, I think I was 25 when I happened to come across this place. Blink and you passed it, while cycling, but apparently I didn't blink. It's not a very interesting town, but the surroundings more than make up for it: the burial mounds, thousands of years old, are unmissable once you know they're there, and this area has been inhabited for at least 6000 years! Sorry it took me so long to find them.."

Anyway, the Veluwe. The true green heart of the Netherlands and as organizing committee, we would absolutely stress any Totallympian who ever visits the Netherlands to come and pay the Veluwe a visit - a Dutch delegation member would be more than happy to personally welcome you!

Foto_001._Grafheuvel_Aangepast.jpg

It's really not that special, until you realize thousands of years ago a group of people gathered here to bury someone

1-Hert-De-Haak-HV-Copyright-foto-Louis-F

The majestic red deer, King of the Veluwe - during this time of year one can hear their mating calls echo for kilometers across the forests in the twilight, the committee President can speak from experience and say the sound alone is impressive!

And just a couple of quick facts...

• In 8 participations, :EGY Egypt has awarded 7 medals to the winning entries (4 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze)! Song About Love, whom they awarded nothing, is the reason Egypt is not a member of The Committee.
  • Only one jury has ever awarded points to everyone in the bottom three (:SWE Sweden - 2019 Open).

#banbestmen

20 minutes ago, dcro said:

Looking for Charity?

Nations in Blue are most likely to award points to the last three ranked songs (and to the bottom one, in particular)...

(click to enlarge)

Charity.png

Nations which never awarded points to the last placed song:

Hide contents

Spoiler

:DEN:FRA (14 participations)

:CAN:ROU (12)

:KAZ (10)

:AZE (9)

:COL:RUS (8)

:CHI:CZE:MDA (7)

:AUS:HUN:MAR:NOR (5)

:CHN:EST:SUI (3)

:AUT:LAT:UKR:URU (2)

Nations which never awarded points to any of the bottom three placed songs:

Hide contents

Spoiler

:CZE (7 participations)

:AUS (5)

:EST:SUI (3)

:AUT:LAT (2)

Woah, I really expected to see Lithuania in the red here. Makes me wonder which country took last place when I awarded points to them.

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

And just a couple of quick facts...

• In 8 participations, :EGY Egypt has awarded 7 medals to the winning entries (4 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze)! Song About Love, whom they awarded nothing, is the reason Egypt is not a member of The Committee.
  • Only one jury has ever awarded points to everyone in the bottom three (:SWE Sweden - 2019 Open).

The punishment for Egypt is deserved :)

8 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Woah, I really expected to see Lithuania in the red here. Makes me wonder which country took last place when I awarded points to them.

Czech Republic - 2017 Open (1 point from Lithuania).

Also you awarded 8 points to Azerbaijan at the 2013 Open (they finished 32nd out of 34). Those were the only two times Lithuania awarded points to someone from the bottom three.

#banbestmen