website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

16 hours ago, dcro said:

Are You Pro-Establishment or Anti-Establishment?

Pro-establishment (PE) nations usually award (sometimes considerable) points to TISC champions and podium-finishers.

Anti-establishment (AE) nations have their own agenda. They continuosly ignore the leading charts.

MapChart_Map.png

So we finally got a name for my erratic voting (aka my badge of honor, I guess) :lol: 

:CHN CHINA :CHN 

Hua Chenyu - The Dust in the Fireworks

One of the most famous and representative songs of Chinese iconic young singer Hua Chenyu, released in 2014 and largely popular among the youth until now. The song is about the self talking of a lost youngster.

I was thinking about calculating an "overall ranking" of the nations in TISC and show how it changed after each contest, because this will be the 15th contest, so why not. I have decided to just simply use the Eurovision Top10 point system for each year (so the winner of a contest gets 12 points, the runner-up gets 10, and then 8, 7, 6, etc.). The table below shows what the overall ranking of the nations was according to these Top10 points after each contest. As you would expect, the ranking becomes more stagnant as we move forward in time, and a certain nation is almost unreachable after 14 contests with their 89 points, the second nation behind them has 57 points. That's a 32 points lead, which is.. a lot, if we keep in mind that Ireland has a 12/14 success rate at getting Top10 placements. 

O2013 A2014 O2014 A2015 O2015 A2016 O2016 A2017 O2017 A2018 O2018 A2019 O2019 A2020
1st :SWE :GER :SWE :IRL :IRL :IRL :IRL :IRL :IRL :IRL :IRL :IRL :IRL :IRL
2nd :ITA :SWE :GER :FRA :GER :GBR :GBR :GBR :GBR :GBR :GBR :GBR :GBR :GBR
3rd :GBR :SVK :IRL :GBR :GBR :ITA :FRA :FRA :USA :USA :USA :USA :USA :USA
4th :GUY :ITA :FRA :SWE :FRA :GER :ITA :ITA :FRA :ITA :ITA :ITA :ITA :ITA
5th :CAN :USA :COL :SVK :SWE :FRA :GER :GER :ITA :GER :GER :GER :GER :FRA
6th :USA :DEN :SVK :ITA :SVK :SVK :USA :LTU :GER :FRA :FRA :FRA :NED :GER
7th :MEX :GBR :ITA :GER :ITA :SWE :SVK :USA :LTU :LTU :BRA :DEN :FRA :DEN
8th :VIE :SRB :USA :SRB :USA :LTU :LTU :SVK :COL :BRA :LTU :BRA :AUS :NED
9th :IRL :GUY :DEN :COL :LTU :USA :SWE :SRB :SVK :COL :DEN :LTU :DEN :CAN
10th :BRA :AUS :GBR :USA :AUS :AUS :MEX :SWE :SRB :SVK :COL :NED :BRA :AUS

Out of

the

Top10

:CAN

:MEX

:VIE

:IRL

:BRA

:SRB

:GUY

:AUS

:DEN

:COL

:AUS :MEX :SWE :SRB :SVK :COL :LTU

I wanted to mess with this a bit more so I used a really simple method to show some trends over time, giving the more recent contests a higher weight. Instead of just calculating the sum of the points I have multiplied the points of the most recent contest by 8, the one before that by 7, the one before that by 6, and so on. So only the points of the last 8 contests count with the most recent contest having the highest multiplier. Why 8? I wanted to go with the length of an Olympic cycle, 4 years. And as you can see, even with this method Ireland dominates. Duh. 

O2013 A2014 O2014 A2015 O2015 A2016 O2016 A2017 O2017 A2018 O2018 A2019 O2019 A2020
1st :SWE :GER :IRL :IRL :IRL :GBR :IRL :GBR :IRL :IRL :IRL :IRL :IRL :IRL
2nd :ITA :SWE :SWE :FRA :GER :IRL :GBR :IRL :GBR :GBR :USA :USA :USA :USA
3rd :GBR :SVK :GER :GBR :GBR :ITA :FRA :LTU :USA :USA :GBR :DEN :NED :NED
4th :GUY :ITA :FRA :SVK :FRA :GER :ITA :FRA :BRA :ITA :BRA :GBR :AUS :DEN
5th :CAN :USA :COL :ITA :LTU :FRA :USA :USA :LTU :BRA :ITA :BRA :DEN :NOR
6th :USA :DEN :SVK :SWE :SVK :LTU :LTU :ITA :COL :GER :DEN :ITA :BRA :AUS
7th :MEX :GBR :ITA :GER :USA :SVK :GER :SRB :FRA :LTU :NOR :NED :GBR :CAN
8th :VIE :SRB :USA :SRB :ITA :USA :MEX :GER :CAN :COL :GER :GER :ITA :FRA
9th :IRL :GUY :DEN :COL :SWE :AUS :SVK :MEX :SRB :NOR :LTU :FRA :NOR :ESP
10th :BRA :AUS :POL :POL :AUS :SWE :NED :BRA :ITA :FRA :COL :AUS :GER :BRA

Out of

the

Top10

:IRL

:VIE

:GBR

:GUY

:USA

:DEN

:POL

:SWE

:NED

:SVK

:GER

:FRA

:NOR

:LTU

:FRA

:ITA

:GBR

:GER

16 minutes ago, dcro said:

You can so easily see the Lithuanian rise and fall. :d

The fact that you can even see the Lithuanian flag in this table around so many prominent countries is an achievement. 

I've got a bit lose over the years and started experimenting a bit more, but I really want to get a top 10 again, especially after the 2020 Annual flop, to prove to myself that I can still succeed in this game :p

Perhaps when I'm 56, I'll be helping the Lithuanian Eurovision selection and I will look back at all of these years of jury experience in TISC with tears in my eyes, thankful that I've been prepared for this exact moment.

A playlist is in the making :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

The fact that you can even see the Lithuanian flag in this table around so many prominent countries is an achievement. 

I've got a bit lose over the years and started experimenting a bit more, but I really want to get a top 10 again, especially after the 2020 Annual flop, to prove to myself that I can still succeed in this game :p

Perhaps when I'm 56, I'll be helping the Lithuanian Eurovision selection and I will look back at all of these years of jury experience in TISC with tears in my eyes, thankful that I've been prepared for this exact moment.

This genuinely makes me wonder how old you are now. Like, 'when I'm 56', is that a far away thing or is that secretly already in 2022 or something? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This genuinely makes me wonder how old you are now. Like, 'when I'm 56', is that a far away thing or is that secretly already in 2022 or something? :d 

I'm gonna be 26 in a week-ish, but I just don't pour too much optimism into my success :p

Throughout many years in my industry I've seen that people really like to talk a lot, but rarely do they follow through with their promises and I'd dare say that my whole career up to now was trying a lot of everything without getting the chance to take that next step. 

On the other hand, I might be decently involved with Eurovision this upcoming year and if I keep doing what I'm doing, that whole thing would be a possibility earlier than me being 56 :lol: It's just that it's hard for me to trust people as I've already seen so many of my projects crash and burn that I'm simply dreaming carefully from now on. 

:DEN Denmark :DEN 

After a long and thorough selection process, the Danish national jury can finally present its entry for TOISC 2020.

The Danish national jury has chosen to send the psychedelic rock group, Savage Rose.  

They have produced music for more than 50 years and influenced Danish music with their sound and lyrics.

They have a long and waste discography to choose from, so it was difficult to choose which song to sent.

In the end, it was decided to send the song, "Wild Child", from 1973.

Savage Rose - "Wild Child"

Lyrics:

Spoiler

The sunlight hits the city
As a hammer hits the glow
The gypsy waves farewell to me
As I hit the Poppy Road
I'm a Wild Child
I'm a Wild Child

I'm standing on the hillside
With two rainbows in my hair
One is for the living love