website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

5 hours ago, Sindo said:

Absolutely !

I was just talking in general, my suggestion is not to beg users to participate just to have a larger number of entries, because having users not really interested is not good for the contest itself, and it may lead to having in the contest some users who do not follow the contest or do not even vote.

But really, this is just an external suggestion :yes

The thing is I can imagine users who aren't online for a bit - but are interested in joining - would see a PM reminder (if they get emails for that) and think "Oh yeah, I'll register). I know it happens to me when I'm not really looking on Totallympics for a while :p 

Not planning on begging anyone :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Yeah, it's definitely worth a shot to send PMs because we have a lot of inactive users (9 users, to be precise) who participated in the previous Annual edition and they are much more likely to respond to a PM (thank to the email that comes with it by default) than to a mention. 

18 hours ago, Vektor said:

One week left until the deadline... I think we are approx. 9-10 nations short of what we usually have for TISC. Most notably we are missing Brazil, Malta and Greece, they have participated in every TISC so far. 

loQuVAz.png

Returning countries (1)

:CZE (O2017)

Countries who participated at the previous edition and haven't confirmed the participation yet (11)

:BRA  :MLT  :GER  :GRE  :SWE  :AUS  :NOR  :MDA  :IRI  :UKR  :URU  

So, :BRA:GRE and :MLT joins today.

From notable missing countries are yet (and few users are active) :GER:GBR 

It will be difficult to "have" this time :AUS:NOR:SWE:UKR and :URU as people from those countries aren't active by long time, under question is also participation of :IRI and :MDA

@Pablita @Gianlu33 @Henry_Leon @SteveParker

Just a reminder to the Italian national jury of the relative new Rule 3 (d) (iii) which allows them to choose an alternative format for their votes:

(iii) In the case of multi-member juries with 4 jury members or more, that jury can choose between the standard voting format (12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1) or the alternative points format (18-15-12-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1). However, all jurors of that national jury must use the same format when submitting their votes. It is not permitted that some jurors use the standard format and some other jurors use the alternative format. As such, if a national jury wants to choose the alternative format over the standard format, that national jury must debate together in private message to come to a common consensus or majority vote on which to decide. The result of that discussion will then be posted on thread to inform all contestants and the organisers of their decision.All members of that jury will then submit their votes using the selected format. The host will then combine the votes of the jury members in the usual manner to form a single set of points as standard (12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1).

If no such discussion takes place then it will be automatically assumed that the standard points format will be used when combining the votes of that jury.

APELDOORN - It has taken the host delegation a while to come up with a suitable song. It had to be a few years old, which makes it a lot easier to find something that represents the Netherlands and it's musical tradition well. After all, there's not that much of an own tradition nowadays, with most quality songs being not very distinct - they could basically be from anywhere on earth. We're going for a little throwback, to halfway in the 90's that is. Tamagotchis for the fancy kids, Discmans because of course a portable music player is freaking awesome, and the absolute king of the playground, the yo-yo. As for music, the mid-part of the decade was the era of the gabber scene, roughly coinciding with happy hardcore. As the name suggests, it's a sort of hardcore music, and it's happy. A whole ton of singles were released in the Netherlands and the Dutch TOISC 2020 delegation has had a hard time choosing, with two main candidates. With an eye on current world themes and to showcase absolutely everyone being welcome in Apeldoorn 2020, Paul Elstak has been chosen as the Dutch representative, with Rainbow in the Sky, let's get those virtual feet off the virtual ground!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!