website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Perhaps @heywoodu could convince the lovely @brunamoura to join on behalf of Brazil?

I know I am impartial, but I don't want to have other people think that might be unfair or something :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I know I am impartial, but I don't want to have other people think that might be unfair or something :p 

Yes, but I think people would just be happy to have Brazil in the contest at this point :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes, but I think people would just be happy to have Brazil in the contest at this point :d

I can hardly imagine no Brazilian will enter :yikes: 

Are they all busy or what? :p 

Tomorrow I'll try to make a list of users to tag/message. Sadly there's not really a way to just sort all active users by country or something :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

For anyone wondering: yes, accomodations will be taken care off. The organization is in negotiations with a few facilities, but delegations will have a suitable place to stay. Most likely everyone will be spread around in towns in the the area, roughly within 30km from Apeldoorn, obviously with free transfers to and from the host city and other interesting areas :) 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I can hardly imagine no Brazilian will enter :yikes: 

Are they all busy or what? :p 

Tomorrow I'll try to make a list of users to tag/message. Sadly there's not really a way to just sort all active users by country or something :p 

I can attest, this has been one of my biggest struggles in this forum when doing this :p The forum doesn't make it easy to find members by country, because you have to click individually on each one or base estimated guesses on the nickname/picture :d

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

I can attest, this has been one of my biggest struggles in this forum when doing this :p The forum doesn't make it easy to find members by country, because you have to click individually on each one or base estimated guesses on the nickname/picture :d

That's not true: list of Lithuanian users

But, what's the point of pressing users to enter if they are not interested enough to join by themselves ? I mean, to make them aware the TISC exist can be useful, but I think to insist with them just lead to uninterested users to join the contest without being really motived/interested in it.

1 minute ago, Sindo said:

That's not true: list of Lithuanian users

But, what's the point of pressing users to enter if they are not interested enough to join by themselves ? I mean, to make them aware the TISC exist can be useful, but I think to insist with them just lead to uninterested users to join the contest without being really motived/interested in it.

Well, sometimes people just genuinely forget or don't see.

For new users, sometimes they don't know what this is about.

We have to take our shots, because it's more fun for everyone with more users involved.

27 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Well, sometimes people just genuinely forget or don't see.

For new users, sometimes they don't know what this is about.

We have to take our shots, because it's more fun for everyone with more users involved.

Absolutely !

I was just talking in general, my suggestion is not to beg users to participate just to have a larger number of entries, because having users not really interested is not good for the contest itself, and it may lead to having in the contest some users who do not follow the contest or do not even vote.

But really, this is just an external suggestion :yes