website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

55 minutes ago, dcro said:

I expected some village to be honest. Would have been the first one since the 2015 Open. :(

Interestingly enough, we do not like giving honors to capital cities around here. Since 2016, Košice, Kaunas, Brighton, Carthage, Rio de Janeiro, Orlando, Guadalajara, Odense, Rijeka and now Apeldoorn have hosted. Not one of them a capital. :p

Capitals are boring because many of them are well-known, and have been already advertised heavily by their countries.  Like, I would probably not choose Budapest because I assume most people already know or at least heard of the main attractions, its history, etc. 

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

People outside the Netherlands know this? :yikes: 

And yeah, that's stereotypical Brabant, so no thanks :lol: 

new kids turbo was a hit here CZE/SVK, every sentence finishing by "piča" so yeah :lol:

Slovak dubbing ? :p

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wait, it should be music.

Not only that, but I'll also be able to award points to as many songs as I believe deserve them

Regarding my previous experiences with open contests, it could perhaps be less than 12? But if we're talking about annual, I always am in need of a few extra points.

So if I'm going to save my 2 and 1, I'll use them in 2021 :hug:

2 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Capitals are boring because many of them are well-known, and have been already advertised heavily by their countries.  Like, I would probably not choose Budapest because I assume most people already know or at least heard of the main attractions, its history, etc. 

On a scale of 1 to 10, how disappointed you would be if the UK chose George Ezra "Budapest" as representative in the contest being held in Budapest? 

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how disappointed you would be if the UK chose George Ezra "Budapest" as representative in the contest being held in Budapest? 

I would respond by choosing the Hungarian song "London" by Bermuda for the next contest held in London. 

Just now, Vektor said:

I would respond by choosing the Hungarian song "London" by Bermuda in the next contest held in London. 

You would give 12 points to the UK so you could exact your revenge and wrath upon them in the following contest, I like it.

Just now, Vektor said:

I am sorry, but it's not in the rules.

I guess it's time to announce this year's Hungarian entry.

I like the part at 3:33:33. It makes me think about my existence and it makes me question my necessity in this world. Truly an amazing and awe inspiring work.