website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

42 minutes ago, dcro said:

I expected some village to be honest. Would have been the first one since the 2015 Open. :(

Interestingly enough, we do not like giving honors to capital cities around here. Since 2016, Košice, Kaunas, Brighton, Carthage, Rio de Janeiro, Orlando, Guadalajara, Odense, Rijeka and now Apeldoorn have hosted. Not one of them a capital. :p

To add to the hate towards capitals, if Lithuania ever hosts a TISC, I'd probably just select Kaunas again over Vilnius :lol:

Before anyone asks why I'm bullying Vilnius, it's just that over the past couple of years, Kaunas has progressed its infrastructure, so there would be a lot of new impressive things to share.

Also, Kaunas is going to be the European culture capital of 2022, though, due to Covid, we probably will not be able to rebuild everything in time for 2022, because we are literally tearing down everything and building a lot of new shit.

Just in sports infrastructure, there's already a new rowing base, an indoor football complex with a removable roof, there's a new 50m 10 lane swimming pool being built right next to Žalgiris arena and a huge sports complex 15min away from my home that's going to include a multi-purpose stadium for Football and Athletics events, it's going to connect all the way towards the legendary Kauno Sporto Halė (old home of Žalgiris) and since it's a 2 minute walk away from the Lithuanian Sports University, I'd dare say that many many different sports will find a new home there.

I did not expect to be passionately swept away and write so much, but I am really proud of what my hometown is becoming (plus, I'm hoping for some nice athletic events coming back to Kaunas in the following few years).

37 minutes ago, dcro said:

We are looking to join, too... I just can't seem to find our invitation...

alfred hitchcock vintage GIF by FilmStruck

What about breakfast then?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, hckosice said:

What a shame...

I was certain the contest will be in Maaskantje :p

Reveal hidden contents

People outside the Netherlands know this? :yikes: 

And yeah, that's stereotypical Brabant, so no thanks :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

I'm just honestly happy and excited that we're not going to be restricted by any rules this year.

Meaning that my 2017 dream can start early :wub:

Wait, it should be music.