website statistics

Road Cycling UCI World Championships 2020

Totallympics

Oh damn, lucky Longo Borghini wasn't sprinting like this in a peloton sprint. Both lucky for everyone close and for herself (cause she'd have lost a medal, which wouldn't be surprising to happen now anyway).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I've seen boring races and I've seen boring races, but holy moly this was a boring race.

Yep, really glad I woke up two hours early for this one :facepalm:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

This is the first time in years that I watched a women’s race and now I understand why women’s cycling doesn’t get more tv time. This was even worse than watching women’s football, the depth of talent is really poor. With more than 40 km to go it was already clear who would win the medals ...

I hope and expect the men’s race to be a lot more interesting/competitive.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yep, really glad I woke up two hours early for this one :facepalm:

Luckily there's plenty of other stuff to see :d 

Women's races aren't often great, but they are generally a lot better than this :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Little dirty from Elisa...

Sagan style ...

UCI should disqualify her and give the bronze to the other Dutch athlete ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

It’s hard to grow a sport when it isn’t given TV time though. People really just expect women’s sport to get better on it’s own without advertising, television, funding, etc. 

I’m not saying this wasn’t a boring race, because it was, but let’s calm down with the “women’s sports sucks” comments.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I guess once Evenepoel reaches his peak a lot of men’s race will also look like that ...

One guy just randomly destroying the field by multiple minutes.

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s hard to grow a sport when it isn’t given TV time though. People really just expect women’s sport to get better on it’s own without advertising, television, funding, etc. 

I’m not saying this wasn’t a boring race, because it was, but let’s calm down with the “women’s sports sucks” comments.

Who exactly said that? I think women’s (beach) volleyball, women’s athletics, women’s gymnastics (except for floor) or women’s swimming are interesting to watch (sometimes also women’s tennis).