website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2021

rybak

Record TV ratings in France and Netherlands.

France - 5.5 million and 31.4% share (had 6.8 million peak). Second best rating, after 2009, if the post i'm looking at is correct.

Netherlands - 5.4 million (had 8.8 in total)

The UK - 7.4 million (peak at 8.4 million and 48% share). Best rating since 2014. 

Couldn't find the stats from Italy, but i'm sure they will be tops as well.

I enjoyed this edition in a way i did not for the past years! The music was nice, the acting was cool, eccentric and with lots of classic eurovision what-the-hell-am-i-watching moments, really nice!

Was cheering for the french girl, the ukrainian crazy song and for whatever was that icelandic awesome thing, but Italy was nice as well :)

UK with zero points was not a surprise (could have happen to the dutch or german songs as well). I wonder if they'll eventually gonna revolt and leave Eurovision as well due to be so terrible all the time.

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Record TV ratings in France and Netherlands.

France - 5.5 million and 31.4% share (had 6.8 million peak). Second best rating, after 2009, if the post i'm looking at is correct.

Netherlands - 5.4 million (had 8.8 in total)

The UK - 7.4 million (peak at 8.4 million and 48% share). Best rating since 2014. 

Couldn't find the stats from Italy, but i'm sure they will be tops as well.

Probably because people had better things to do in 2019 and before. :p

#banbestmen

"The return of the Eurovision Song Contest, the world’s biggest live music event, was seen by 183 million viewers across 36 markets* as online engagement soars. The Contest was a massive hit with young audiences. The viewing share of the Grand Final among 15–24-year-olds was up 7 percentage points on 2019. 52.8% of that age group watching TV at that time tuned in, which is 4 times higher than the broadcast channels average (14.5%). Online, during the week of the Eurovision Song Contest, 50.6 million unique viewers across 234 countries watched on the official YouTube channel, up 28% on 2019. 18–34-year-olds made up 71% of those who viewed live content." 

The IOC fuming, as their wet dreams of young people is not correlating. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Shortly, Just to inform to the absolute surprise of...nobody, that SVK denied the information about our participation in the Juniors Eurovision in Paris. And also the country for the surprise of absolutely nobody will not participate in the Eurovision in 2022 in Italy. RTVS officially informed due to...financially unprofitable issues...

6 hours ago, hckošice said:

Shortly, Just to inform to the absolute surprise of...nobody, that SVK denied the information about our participation in the Juniors Eurovision in Paris. And also the country for the surprise of absolutely nobody will not participate in the Eurovision in 2022 in Italy. RTVS officially informed due to...financially unprofitable issues...

It seems Slovakian return is even less possible than return of Turkey...