website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2021

rybak

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And much to my surprise I noticed Ukraine is actually one of the favourites...how?! :yikes: 

It's weirdly hypnotic :d The title "Shum" is translated into "Noise", and that is what i thought the first times i listened to it. But after i couple more listens and especially after the 1/2 it's grown on me, i must confess. And given the reactions to many thousand more people :p

9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Just heard the Dutch song for the first time (partially, the part they showed at the end of semi 1)....what were they thinking? :yikes: 

"It has been going pretty well for a while, with a second place and even a win, so now let's go back to songs which finish somewhere in the bottom of the semi's because we have a free spot in the final this year anyway!"?

I didn't expect much, but wow, that was fairly disappointing :d 

It's not like you tend to get more than 20 points if you're a country that won last year anyways. 

It's a pretty solid tune though .

17 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

It's weirdly hypnotic :d The title "Shum" is translated into "Noise", and that is what i thought the first times i listened to it. But after i couple more listens and especially after the 1/2 it's grown on me, i must confess. And given the reactions to many thousand more people :p

Shum ≠ Noise in this situation . Say as Ukrainian)

6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So, it appears that the first TV break is after 8 - Serbia, by the looks of the Jury show now.

You guys are watching the Eurovision rehearsals?  Wow, hardcore!!! :hearts:  And I used to think I was dedicated for watching it once!  :shame:

14 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

You guys are watching the Eurovision rehearsals?  Wow, hardcore!!! :hearts:  And I used to think I was dedicated for watching it once!  :shame:

It's actually not a rehearsal. :d The juries will vote on these performances only, so you can say it is night 1 of the final. Tomorrow will be only for the televote voting. 

Also, the streams only cover the sound from the performances in the press-room, with commentary on what is going on from the people on site. No actual footage of the finale is seen. So, you are right, pretty hardcore :d

My predictions will go horribly wrong like every year, but this is what I expect today:

Jury Winner || Top5 || Top10 - :FRA  ||  :POR  :SUI  :MLT  :BEL  ||  :ISL  :ITA  :NED  :SWE  :BUL 

Televote Winner || Top5 || Top10 - :UKR  ||  :ITA  :SUI  :ISL  :RUS  ||  :FIN  :FRA  :SRB  :LTU  :AZE 

Overall Winner || Top5 || Top10 - :ITA  ||  :SUI  :FRA  :ISL  :UKR  || :POR  :RUS  :MLT  :FIN  :SRB

I don't have the balls to predict Switzerland winning because they are only 5th at the bookies, but this kinda suggest that I should. It's one of the few songs that can get a lot of points from both the audience and the jury, and I am afraid that jury will once again not give enough points to Italy. 

Anyway, if the voting is all over the place like in 2019, that can help Switzerland to be the next Arcade, or any other song that ends up in the Top5 in both the televote and in the jury voting. Maybe it can also be Iceland, that's the most unpredictable song. France is the obvious jury favorite that needs enough points from the televote, Italy and Ukraine are the televote favorites, and will need the blessing of the jury to win.