website statistics

Tennis ITF Roland Garros 2020

George_D

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

i haven't seen a dominant performance from the beginning to the end in WTA such i watched from Siwatek WOW ! only Serena is capable osf such thing that was an incredible 2 weeks from the polish youngster Congrats @rybak @Monzanator

There are other women who have been that dominant recently, for example Osaka. No one knows how close everyone is to 100 % and some players didn’t even bother to enter the competition. Personally I put an asterisk behind every result this year after the Australian Open. I don’t think that we will see girls like Trevisan or Podoroska repeating those results. Hopefully we will see everyone back at normal strength next year.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

There are other women who have been that dominant recently, for example Osaka. No one knows how close everyone is to 100 % and some players didn’t even bother to enter the competition. Personally I put an asterisk behind every result this year after the Australian Open. I don’t think that we will see girls like Trevisan or Podoroska repeating those results. Hopefully we will see everyone back at normal strength next year.

only Barty , Osaka and andreescu are missing here from the top elite group , we have a lot more players missing back in the US open , anyway only Osaka in the US open 2018 whom we can say that dominated a GS recently , i don't think there're other players that have done the same Iga did here 

13 hours ago, thepharoah said:

only Barty , Osaka and andreescu are missing here from the top elite group , we have a lot more players missing back in the US open , anyway only Osaka in the US open 2018 whom we can say that dominated a GS recently , i don't think there're other players that have done the same Iga did here 

Yeah ... „only“ the player who won the tournament last year and is the current world number 1 (Barty), the player who won the last slam (Osaka) and the player who won the US Open last year (Andreescu). Combined they won 4 of the last 6 slams before this. Obviously it is easier to dominate when the field is weaker. First you were talking about no other player being as dominant in a single match and now you are talking about dominance over a whole tournament, so what is it. There certainly have been many players who were more dominant over a single match (slam final) and there were other players who were extremely dominant over a whole slam, for example Serena at the 2017 Australian Open.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

16 hours ago, thepharoah said:

I´d throw in Simona Halep´s 2019 Wimbledon run there as well.