website statistics

Tennis ITF Roland Garros 2020

George_D

3 hours ago, LDOG said:

Wow the semis were today? I completely missed it, but I didn't miss much anyway.

Without Del Potro I don't feel like watching tennis frecuently anymore. Scrubs like Schwartzman don't get me excited in the slightest.

Schwartzmann will be top 10 after the tournament, that is quite an achievement. Obviously he isn’t one of the most talented guys, but he is super fit and is a great fighter. You also have a guy named Torres in the junior competition‘s semifinal, maybe he could be someone to cheer for.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Switzerland has two guys in the men’s junior semifinal. Maybe they can stay relevant even after the retirement of Federer and Wawrinka. Also nice to see a dutch guy in the semifinal. In the women‘s junior competition we have two russian girls, a french girl and a girl from the Philippines! in the semifinal. The girl from the Philippines (Eala) was born in 2005 and is currently one of the 2 or 3 most hopeful talents, in 2018 she already won the „Les Petit As“ competition (some of the previous winners were Hingis, Clijsters, Safina, Ostapenko and Andreescu).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Tsitsipas taking it from two sets down to a 5th set :bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

They play to a close tonight?

I should hope so. They had said there would be no 'night sessions' until next year, but I don't think they're dumb enough to stop a basically indoor semi final in the last set :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, rybak said:

First loss for Świątek at this tournament, luckily it was "just" doubles semifinal...

Get rest Iga and play your the best tennis tomorrow :fingers:

After a bit of a controversial moment at 4-4 40-40 in the last set: referee said a ball crossed the net via Swiatek's hand, she and Melichar denied it rather emotionally (Swiatek was almost crying even), but they did lose the point. They got back to deuce after that, but who knows what would have happened if they had gotten advantage.

Djokovic with the early break. Could it be? Could we finally get to see a Nadal - Djokovic Grand Slam final?! OMG so exciting!:hyper: 

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I should hope so. They had said there would be no 'night sessions' until next year, but I don't think they're dumb enough to stop a basically indoor semi final in the last set :d 

I remember that Australian Open match that went onto something like 05:00 Melbourne Time.

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Djokovic with the early break. Could it be? Could we finally get to see a Nadal - Djokovic Grand Slam final?! OMG so exciting!:hyper: 

I was hoping for Tsitsipas to win but yes, Nadal - Djokovic will be much more exciting than the forgettable US Open. ;) 

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.