website statistics

Tennis ITF Roland Garros 2020

George_D

When will there be an actual serve clock and/or when will it actually be enforced? Half the time I skip 30 seconds after a point and they're still not serving, I thought the serve clock was supposed to get rid of that nonsense...

I noticed in the women's tournament it doesn't seem to exist at all. The serving player just says "sorry, wind", catches the ball and goes again :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I see it's not posted here yet but together with Melichar, Swiatek is also in the doubles semis :bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

25 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

When will there be an actual serve clock and/or when will it actually be enforced? Half the time I skip 30 seconds after a point and they're still not serving, I thought the serve clock was supposed to get rid of that nonsense...

I noticed in the women's tournament it doesn't seem to exist at all. The serving player just says "sorry, wind", catches the ball and goes again :p 

The shot clock actually starts after the umpire announces the result. So after a long rally, the umpire takes a few seconds longer, so the players can take a breather and then start the clock. They can do 1-2 harmful warnings, but after that no one will enforce the shot clock so players can lose games, sets.

Oh oh oh Busta Rhymes letting himself get broken by Djokovic by a terrible choice on a terrible moment :facepalm:

I have predicted against Sonya for maybe 3-4 matches now and she keeps winning :lol: She shows a rare mental strength, that i haven't seen on the WTA in a long, long, looong time. If only she stops looking so angry in every match, but guess the determination is her most valuable weapon. Awaiting her being a footnote in America in the next couple of days, because you know, marketing.. 

Wow the semis were today? I completely missed it, but I didn't miss much anyway.

Without Del Potro I don't feel like watching tennis frecuently anymore. Scrubs like Schwartzman don't get me excited in the slightest.