website statistics

Tennis ITF Roland Garros 2020

George_D

12 hours ago, rybak said:

Youngster Hugo Gaston is on his way to defeat Stan Wawrinka and qualify to 4th round! :yikes: 

First time in almost a century only one French player made it to the third round....and it's a 20-year old low-ranked player who then kicks out a former winner and goes to the last 16 as well, week of his life :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 03/10/2020 at 08:07, hckosice said:

Just insane how this kid resembles to his father. it really is like seeing young Petr in the picture

120637562_4545632225508838_9086372455285

Let’s hope that this is the only thing they have in common ... (hopefully he uses a different „training“ method)

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I am surprised to see that the junior competitions take place. I am really excited to see what Fruhvirtová can do here. From a german perspective I hope that Vecic and Bartone will do well.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 30/09/2020 at 19:26, Federer91 said:

I usually don't like watching Zverev matches, but Herbert is making this one very enjoyable. We need more players with his style on the tour.

I think there are more players like him, but they focus on the doubles (like he usually does too). Zverev vs. Murray at the Australian Open and Brown vs. Nadal at Wimbledon were some of the most entertaining matches in recent memory, so it certainly would be nice to have more unorthodox players. Sadly Monfils doesn’t do much anymore.

On 02/10/2020 at 18:56, rybak said:

Youngster Hugo Gaston is on his way to defeat Stan Wawrinka and qualify to 4th round! :yikes: 

Really nice to see a tiny guy like him do so well. Maybe Schwartzman and Gaston will become the new „big“ two. :d

Really interesting to see that the 4 countries that host a slam have only 2 players in the 4th round and both are no-names born in 2000 (Gaston and Korda). You would think that the countries that host a slam should have a better talent development program. Also interesting to see that 3 guys born in 2000 or later made the 4th round, but Auger-Aliassime, Kuhn and Molleker aren’t among them.

Italy is doing a great job on the men’s side. I think they could win the Davis Cup in a couple of years with guys like Sinner or Musetti, although of course Canada, Russia and maybe the US will also have the potential to do it.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Really interesting to see that the 4 countries that host a slam have only 2 players in the 4th round and both are no-names born in 2000 (Gaston and Korda). You would think that the countries that host a slam should have a better talent development program. Also interesting to see that 3 guys born in 2000 or later made the 4th round, but Auger-Aliassime, Kuhn and Molleker aren’t among them.

Tennis is not really that big of a sport in the US and arguably in the UK